• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][LG870] Freedom Kernel *Updated 9/14/14*

Kernel Updated!

See first post.

This is a non overclock version with init.d added. When ZV5 firmware is released I'll update it to the new firmware.

I flashed my F7 to the unsecured kernel without init.d support. Is it possible to flash init.d support in the android recovery screen instead of 2nd init recovery since 2nd init recovery is no longer accessible?

Upvote 0
I flashed my F7 to the unsecured kernel without init.d support. Is it possible to flash init.d support in the android recovery screen instead of 2nd init recovery since 2nd init recovery is no longer accessible?
Yeah that 2nd-init wasn't made for this phone so it doesn't work with loki'd kernels.

You need to install ClockworkMod recovery which was made for this phone...
[RECOVERY][CWMR][UNOFFICIAL][DEV] Clockworkmod Recovery for the LG Optimus F7 LG870 (fx1s)

Upvote 0
What performance boost if any can I expect from this kernel, or is it just the same kernel modded? Sorry to question, just kind of want a lil better performance from this chipset...
The features you see in the first post is what you get. For any performance boosts you would have to use init.d scripts. If you guys like you can start a new thread for sharing any scripts you make or find on the web.

I don't own this phone so there's not much I can do for ya.

Reactions: k28king1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones