• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [KERNEL][MS870][LOKI] Freedom Kernel Overclocked

Do you think you can post up a link to the kernel you're running on Samurai, so I can have it in case I don't like this or other kernals I may try out or use. Please and thank you sir.
Here is the non OC version which is what's in samurai, but with added features...

[KERNEL][MS870] Freedom Kernel Lite

Whichever kernel you choose, I highly recommend the intellidemand gov. Battery has been spectacular with it. It's now my favorite gov of all time lol.

Upvote 0
Thanks gt for the non over clock kernel. For some reason my spirit doesn't like being oc'ed
Here's a basic explanation for that...

CPU Binning Explained

I can't say you're missing out on much. Even though I have the OC kernel installed I don't OC. I keep it at 1.5ghz and only OC to show off and rub it in to my iphone friends lol.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am sure I am posting this question in the wrong place, and would be glad to fix that if I am.
I am a newbie in comparison to you and most others on this forum but have learned a great deal from yours and others posts,that being said My question is about the freedom overclocking kernel !!!. "Why cant I get the freedom overclock kernel to work"
I have one of two things happen either a bootloop or I brick the spirit and have to unbrick.
I would really appreciate any help. When talking to a newbie I am guessing no question is stupid and I am hoping my mistake is simple and out of ignorance.

Upvote 0
I am sure I am posting this question in the wrong place, and would be glad to fix that if I am.
I am a newbie in comparison to you and most others on this forum but have learned a great deal from yours and others posts,that being said My question is about the freedom overclocking kernel !!!. "Why cant I get the freedom overclock kernel to work"
I have one of two things happen either a bootloop or I brick the spirit and have to unbrick.
I would really appreciate any help. When talking to a newbie I am guessing no question is stupid and I am hoping my mistake is simple and out of ignorance.
Some phones require more voltage than others to overclock due to CPU binning. Your phone wont run with this kernel unless I raise the voltage which I wont be doing since most phones run just fine with the current voltage...
CPU Binning Explained

You can use the lite version of this kernel if you like. Same features, but no overclock...
http://androidforums.com/spirit-4g-...29-kernel-ms870-loki-freedom-kernel-lite.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones