• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

launchers on android

i just got a note (yes i know note 2 is on its way out... its likely ill take this guy back in a week and wait for 2... but thats beyond the scope of this thread)...

so launchers.

my first android experience was asus tf101. turns out its launcher is fairly unmolested, and the experience is pretty androidy. then, i dumped my iphone for a galaxy nexus, and thus set the bar pretty high for what will come beyond for me. so you can imagine my disappointment getting used to touchwiz.

i tried several alternative launchers on the store, but none of them really did it for me. so my question is, why can we not download the actual ICS launcher and install that on phones that do not include it?

(ah... an this post is from the point of view of someone who has not rooted and loaded a custom rom)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones