• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Let's Be Honest About The Battery Life

While I'd prefer longer battery life, I can charge at work, in the car etc. The thing that's really strange to me is the charging behaviour of the phone. It can be on charge all night but not be at 100% in the morning. This morning for example, when my alarm went off it was showing 91%. When I came back from my shower it was up to 96%. On days when I've had time, I've left it a while and it's got back to 100% fairly quickly and shows what I understand is the full 4192mv. Bizarre.

This confused me at first - I thought I had a duff battery - but it's the normal behaviour. I believe something to do with the way it charges means once it's reached 100% for a while, it essentially stops charging until it's dropped to 90% and then it tops itself up again, over and over.

I find it really annoying when I disconnect and find it's already down ten percent, though.

Upvote 0
This confused me at first - I thought I had a duff battery - but it's the normal behaviour. I believe something to do with the way it charges means once it's reached 100% for a while, it essentially stops charging until it's dropped to 90% and then it tops itself up again, over and over.

I find it really annoying when I disconnect and find it's already down ten percent, though.
I turn my phone off at night and when I unplug it it's always at 100%.

Upvote 0
Only time was when she didn't use the phone. I would post a pic but it is not relevant since it only shows what not using the phone achieves, plus I really can't be arsed listening to anymore accusatory bull.

Anyone who reads through this thread will understand why :-(

I dont believe this. Ive never known a woman go 6 hours without talking on her phone never mind 6 days! :D

Upvote 0
I dont believe this. Ive never known a woman go 6 hours without talking on her phone never mind 6 days! :D

first we had certain members pissing each other off by making claims and counter-claims followed by accusations and taunting of a decidedly school playground level and now we're trying to offend our female mambers too.

way to go guys.

Upvote 0
first we had certain members pissing each other off by making claims and counter-claims followed by accusations and taunting of a decidedly school playground level and now we're trying to offend our female mambers too.

way to go guys.

I think that your insinuation that our female members are unable to find humour in this thread is waay more insulting.

Upvote 0
I can vouch for the fact that having poor signal buggers your battery life. I spend a fair bit of time in a room that fluctuates between no signal (Most places) and one or two bars (A couple of hotspots), and by the end of the day the battery is a good 30% lower than it ends up if I'm not in there.
My house is in a crappy spot considering coverage, for both HSPA and CDMA and Blackberries supposedly are king of battery life, that's not the case with me and if I leave my BB on all day at home it can't even survive 6 hours from a full charge. When I'm in town it has no problem going all day. But my Desire can sit all day without dying at home, my Moto Charm on the other hand can't live longer than 6 hours either (battery stinks to begin with).

In the end, after getting the Desire I realized the grass is greener on the other side because I have other phones that has serious battery issues.

Upvote 0
ok, so heres my two penneth worth

WHy get a desire - for me - to be able to use its functions

i have accepted that this comes at a price, namely reduced battery life (as is the case for any smart phone)

ways ive improved battery life without compramising functionality
1 Get a watch - the amount of times the screen gets turned on to check the time - im sure was an unecesary drain and most of the time checking the time was habitual and unnecessary.
2. stop obsessing over battery life - as long as the phone disent die from my regually, I think heavy usage before I am near a charger im happy.
3. taking time to get to know the phone and accept the fact that as soon as novelty wears of and you dont have to turn on screen every 5 mins to see it and then end up doing somehting totaly futile.
4.l i have most sync on , wifi and data on most of the time and i get the battery to behave for me in an acceptable way.
5. smile - its only a phone and really shouldnt rule your life:)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
there is no humour in this thread. just you and riki and dan calling each other names like children. it's embarassing.

i see that riki started a new thread about positive battery life. maybe you could drop by for some more trolling:

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/189249-positive-thread-once-about-battery-life.html

actually I didn't call anyone any names. I.did state that I thought one particular member was acting like a child - which in fairness he was. Taking a comment I made which had nothing to do with him, taking it out if context, assuming it was a dig about him and giving Me attitude for no discernible reason is childish. That's it.

Upvote 0
The big red letters were to make a point that had clearly been missed for whatever reason. A missed point which lead to me being name called which as I stated, was not appreciated, misguided and completely childish.

I agree that the letters were not particularly tactful but tact was not my intention. Righting a wrong was. Which admittedly failed.

I informed Lekky of the thread getting out of hand at this point. Later on, it was suggested mods look at the thread (or before I saw the request at least), which had already been actioned by me so I replied with the information that Lekky had been informed. My intention really was to bring the language mentioned earlier to the attention of an authoritative figure.

The capital "M" in "me", stems from a keyboard spelling correction which I couldn't be bothered to go back and change.

Also, I didn't change my tune, I stood up for what I believed in. As a guide it was my job to report this sort of behaviour to moderators and I did exactly that.

Excuse me for being offended when I get called names based on unfounded and unsupported ideas.

Yes I admit that the whole thing upset me, but now you yourself are being childish and "fanning the flames".

If you have nothing further to add to this thread that is constructive, perhaps you should ignore it as I will. Unfortunately you have become what you were standing up against in the first place.

Edit> And this wasn't directed about you...

Taking a comment I made which had nothing to do with him, taking it out if context, assuming it was a dig about him and giving Me attitude for no discernible reason is childish. That's it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones