• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help LG Shine Plus Android 2.2 Upgrade

::calms down::
Ok, so after going through tech support hell, which was no help at all, I figured out on own a way to pair my Bluetooth headset with my phone again. I had to do a Factory Data Reset, but it works now. I lost all my apps, and I have to restore all my notes and documents from my backup on the PC, but at least the dam thing works again. Thanks for nothing, LG. Thanks to google for the google synch, it's a real life-saver.

Upvote 0
I updated this morning. My phone keeps crashing as soon as the screen goes off. Requires battery removal/reinsert to reboot. this is not good.

EDIT: Seems better now. I uninstalled juicedefender, and it seems better now. Maybe it was trying to conserve my battery, and didn't work with 2.3.3

EDIT 2: Nope. Still having the same problem. Light is still on, but screen won't come on. Need to hard restart it.

Upvote 0
I tried the update.

The update Crash during the process. The program freeze and I got a "end of task" windows from windows 7.....

My cell was stuck on the "emergency mode" (yellow windows).

My cell was no more detectable from my PC.

Take off the batt... Reboot well... Now i'm not able to connect the telus network!!! Unable to speak with my telephone!

I tried to update a second time. The program said I have the "up to date" version ...v20.

Factory reset 2 times. Same problem.

After speaking with support, I must send the photo to LG!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
I updated this morning. My phone keeps crashing as soon as the screen goes off. Requires battery removal/reinsert to reboot. this is not good.

EDIT: Seems better now. I uninstalled juicedefender, and it seems better now. Maybe it was trying to conserve my battery, and didn't work with 2.3.3

EDIT 2: Nope. Still having the same problem. Light is still on, but screen won't come on. Need to hard restart it.

I updated last week. When i set the Wi-Fi to never sleep (even when the screen is off), I have the same problem.

If I turn off my screen and then wake the phone by pressing home or start, my phone will sometimes stay with black screen and I will need to remove / reinsert battery.

However, if I set the wi-fi to sleep when screen goes off, Problem disappears. This is annoying

Upvote 0
I thought I was the only one who had those crashes after the update but it seems is a wide spread symptom. Waiting for so long and getting such bad results with the update is quite annoying. I hope they are going to compensate us with a new "Icecream"... update, who knows. Let's push for an "Icecream" rearward.

Upvote 0

I updated my juicedefender and changed its profile,its acting differently before but I'm not getting this broken screen bug everyone is getting. I noticed without juice defender the battery drained faster than usual, and I thought with 2.3 the phone was suppose to have better power management and save more battery life without juicedefender. Guess I was wrong there.

Upvote 0
I thought I was the only one who had those crashes after the update but it seems is a wide spread symptom. Waiting for so long and getting such bad results with the update is quite annoying. I hope they are going to compensate us with a new "Icecream"... update, who knows. Let's push for an "Icecream" rearward.

You can hope for the best, but in my opinion, I am really tired and will change my phone.

This cannot continue, and returning the phone to LG will not change anything. The firmware was written by a band of baboons, and was probably tested by a huge group of zombies. Come on, you cannot sell a phone that often (at least once a day) has a blackscreen bug that corrupts the phone and requires a hard reset. I know some articles in Consumer protection laws against that type of behavior.

I hope I will be able to get a reasonable price from Telus for another phone. If not, I will complain like hell and they will give one to me...

Upvote 0
How does one factory reset the phone?
Very carefully ;)

(0) Before you do anything, make sure you have all your contacts, calender appointments, email, notes, etc. backed up either to the cloud or to a PC. You WILL loose all the apps you installed off the Market, so make sure you make a note of the ones you want to have again after you reset the phone, because you'll have to re-download them again after the factory data reset. Also, all your shortcuts, wallpaper, and widgets on the home screen will be replaced with a default set, so be sure to make a detailed note of how you have it unless you feel like starting all over again from scratch.

(1) SYNC UP! Go to Settings>Privacy. Make sure "Back Up My Data" is checked, and make sure "Automatic restore" is checked too. Then go to Settings>Accounts & Sync. Turn on Google Synch if it's off, and make sure Background Data and Auto-synch are both on, too. For best results, if you're WiFi is off, then turn it on and connect to a hotspot. Then Synch up your google account, and then get on the web and check that your gmail, Google Calender, Google Contacts, etc is all synched up.

(2) READY, SET, RESET! Go to Settings>Privacy and press "Factory data reset". DO NOT I repeat DO NOT check the "erase SD card" box unless you want to loose all your mp3s and whenever else is on the SD card. If you are ready to reset, then press "reset phone"

(3)AND NOW WE PLAY THE WAITING GAME. The phone will reboot, but it will take a few minutes to reset everything. The system is restoring the whole OS to it's factory default setup. Anyways, just be patient; This can take quite a while.

(4)WELCOME BACK, ANDROID. Eventually, you should get the familiar boot-up screen, followed by a screen welcoming you to your "new phone." It's gonna hit you up with some prompts now, just follow the on-screen instructions. When you're done, you'll have a choice between the default Android home screen, or LG's customized home screen. Choose one. As I said in step (0) above, all the apps from the Market were effectively uninstalled and erased from the onboard storage, and all your home screen icons, wallpaper, and widgets have been replaced by a default set, so it's time to go to the Market and do some downloading. Then, customize your home screen again with wallpaper, widgets and shortcuts how you want it. This is also a good time to re-pair your bluetooth devices, and be sure to turn on Goolge Synch so it can get your contacts list, calender appointments, gmail, etc.

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0
Another factory reset technique (If you're running stock ROM) is to turn off the phone, hold Vol down + Home + power, it'll clean your data partition, cache partition and dalvik cache. Your phone will be back to default stock.

Also, have any of you tried the custom 2.3.3 ROM I built? My girlfriend's been running it for 3-4 days without any screen freezes. I'm in the process of theming the phone and adding the CRT off effect because everything else works as it did before.

Upvote 0
Also, can someone post a logcat of their phone with date/time of their freezes? Get the alogcat application from the Android market, start logging and when screen freezes, return in alogcat, copy the information from the log in a link on the www.pastebin.com site and attach it to this thread or in a PM to me. I'll investigate what causes the issue. I really have a feeling it's something really simple to fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones