• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.71 (FRG83 Built From Source!!! Get It While Its HOT!!!)

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1.8 up and running, better than ever. Thanks! PS 1.7 is gone from the market so I gotta think 1.8 vanilla will be up soon. I just flashed the Halloween over stock 1.71 and then themed it with galaxy and it is working perfect so far.

I re-tried 1.8 and flashed the Watermarked theme over it and its working now. The touchscreen issue must have just been a weird, one-time glitch. So far, so good! ;)

Upvote 0
I'm currently running 1.6 and downloaded 1.7 but the link to 1.7.1 patch is broken. What does the patch correct, is it crucial?

I uploaded both files for you, and anyone else who wants them. Yes, I would suggest you flash the update over the ROM if you want market to run properly along with other "fixes" previously stated on the first page of this thread. Just dont wipe when flashing the update.

Here's both files:

LFYv1.71.zip

LFYv1.71_Update.zip

Let me know if anything, Enjoy!

Reactions: IHC
Upvote 0
As far as my post was concerned the other day yea i agree i was little out of align but i was just making a point and standing up for us DEVS who put hours and hours of work into this and get very little in return. I APOLOGIZE if i caused any harm to anyone or think that they had to donate or it was the end of this ROM. I assure you that is not the case i was just having a bad day and vented a bit much and it came out a little twisted. The next installment of this saga is not far off its in final stages of development and testing and should be out by the end of the week!!! Thanks to EVERYONE who has donated to me in the past few days i truly appreciate that and i am really glad to have your support and have such great fans !!! Hopefully you donated because you wanted too not because i was having a bad day and went of the deep end a bit. I am sorry once again looking forward to the future of this ROM for its very bright I should say... Also thanks to the Android Forums team for being understanding and being there for me in times of need :)

LiQuID,

I just want to say thank you for everything you do bro! I didnt flash v1.7 when it was first released nor did I for about the first 2 weeks it was out, maybe even longer! I was still enjoying v1.6!!! I understand what you could be going through with having bad days, I have mine, and im sure we all do my friend!

I, unfortunately, never could get v1.7 to settle down and run at cool temps on my phone for the week-week 1/2 I was on it! I am not using the newest v1.8 (Halloween Edition) either, but I just sent you some more green backs anyway!! Why? Because, no matter who's ROM I may be using, trying, liking, disliking...you are my number 1 bro!!! I'm serious, I have witnesses man!! Lol, right SoDroid?

Right now, I am using other ROMs strictly for the personal experience bcuz no two, are the same! But I will always, always, come back to you and support you in everything you got going on, regardless!! Seems like you have a lot of supporters man, I am really shocked that you have to stick your neck out there like you do...but I like that willing to take the heat! I felt like I did that when I spoke up about this same topic in v1.6, if you recall? I also am surprised at the small number of support for your team, i'll help out any way I can!!! :D

Thank you again, also to everyone who has helped me out along the way, there's some really great peeps on here and I feel privileged for getting to know some of you, you know who you are!

-J

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help on the links, I'm up and running now with 1.7.1 Blueberry theme and it's truly awesome!

The only problem I'm having is gmail keeps FC, I tried fix permissions and clearing settings and cache with still no luck

Any suggestions

Thanks

You're very welcome, did you get gmail to work?? I would strongly suggest (if you havent already) following GirLuvsDroids post regarding, how to properly flash a ROM, you can find that here: http://androidforums.com/liquid0624...urce-get-fast-before-melts-8.html#post1694578

If you didnt follow these directions previously, it wouldnt be a bad decision to do so and reflash anyway! She truly knows her stuff, im just lucky enough to learn her!!

Also, try searching the previous pages first, a lot of info has been posted within the first 2 weeks of a release (probably less) but you can find pertinent info by scanning thru the pages. Before I flash, i pretty much read every single post and save the helpful feedback from peeps...not a bad idea, it helps!

Glad i could help ya out! :D

Upvote 0
Thanks to all for the help! I have gmail back up and running, I had to use TiBu to delete gmail, reboot then install it fresh from market. It's running like a champ now.

Weird thing is Gmail worked until I flashed the blueberry theme for some reason, but it's all good now. BTW I saw this issue on another board but they never posted their solution.

Thanks again

Upvote 0
Theme links down?

I was just gonna to update to 1.8 until I saw the theme links down.. I'm gonna stick with 1.71 until the themes come back up.. Can you use the old themes with the new 1.8????

@culpin, are you still needing themes for v1.7?? I think I can dig some up for you if so, any particular theme you're wanting??

@jmart6969, NO, do not use themes from v1.7 for v1.8...im not exactly sure the technical reasons to explain to you but, it will cause issues and give you a bad experience!

If any one cares to explain this in more detail, by all means.....

Edit: I stand corrected...sorta! If you look on v1.8s thread, bout half way down, it might actually work!?!? Some say it works fine, others say dont do it, hmmmm...AT YOU'RE OWN RISK!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones