• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Liquid Frozen Yogurt v1.71 (FRG83 Built From Source!!! Get It While Its HOT!!!)

RRS Poll - Please Rate this ROM only if you have flashed it.

• 5 Star ROM Rating: Elite

Votes: 42 84.0%
  • 4 Star ROM Rating: Outstanding

Votes: 6 12.0%
  • 3 Star ROM Rating: Average

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 2 Star ROM Rating: Not Ready for Primetime

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star ROM Rating: Not Usable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently and finally flashed v1.7, been on it for only 2 days now and I am experiencing an awful lot of FCs with LP, and on the kernel 1.7 is flashed with I am experiencing HEAT like as if I was using one that could really push my phone to the max!

I am considering reflashing and wiping 3x instead of 1x like I did this last flash...usually, I will wipe 3x!!

Anyone else having similar issues like this??

Upvote 0
I just recently and finally flashed v1.7, been on it for only 2 days now and I am experiencing an awful lot of FCs with LP, and on the kernel 1.7 is flashed with I am experiencing HEAT like as if I was using one that could really push my phone to the max!

I am considering reflashing and wiping 3x instead of 1x like I did this last flash...usually, I will wipe 3x!!

Anyone else having similar issues like this??

Hmm..I haven't had this issue so I haven't searched for a way to fix it. Is your LP updated to the most recent version? Sometimes when you restore an older app, it won't talk well with the new ROM. Also, when you're restoring from TiBu, make sure you only restore app and app data, never system data. That will more than likely cause issues.

Also, might help to check your LP settings. In Preferences, under General Settings, make sure to check "Keep in Memory". Then go to Advanced Settings and hit "Memory Usage Settings". From there, I have checked "Use homescreen caches", "Build caches as needed", and Prevent force-closes". Next, back out to the main LP settings (preferences) and "Restart LauncerPro". See if this helps.

Upvote 0
Just found something interesting.
I was cleaning up my image folders on the SD card and came across the 'liquid_wallpapers' folder. Nice, it has backgrounds for all the different themes.
Problem is, all the files in that folder are corrupt. None of them will open on the phone or on my PC in PS. Does anyone have a link to good copies of these?

EDIT:
Never mind, extracted them from the .zip

Upvote 0
Performance was fantastic for me for the first 3-4 days. On day 5, I started to notice some slowdown. A reboot fixed the slowdown but it began to happen so often that I would end up rebooting several times per day. I do not believe this is the experience felt by the general community. Many praise LFY 1.71 for its performance, so I believe there must be some issue in my setup or a reflash is in order.
I have been experiencing this slow down too. It feels a lot like the OS decay seen in at least older versions of Windows. Anyone have ideas on where to start experimenting to isolate and fix whatever is causing it? I'd rather figure out what is going on rather than just re-flashing, though of course I realize I may need to go that route at some point.

--I followed GLDs guide to flashing the ROM.
--Specifically, I'm seeing screen redraws and an overall slowdown across the board
--I have not disabled compcache (maybe I should try this? I see the instructions in this thread)
--What other info is relevant/necessary?

TIA!

{UPDATE #1}
Followed GLDs advice below (thanks!). Immediate result is a huge improvement back to what appears to be fresh install performance. Everything nice and snappy again. I'll report back by updating this post in a week or two since last time it took a while to decay to the point where it was a noticeable problem. I am updating this post so all the info ends up in one place.

{UPDATE #2}
One week has passed. My phone is still snappy and shows no signs of the decay/slowness I saw previously. Will report back only if it changes.

Reactions: SoDroid
Upvote 0
I have been experiencing this slow down too. It feels a lot like the OS decay seen in at least older versions of Windows. Anyone have ideas on where to start experimenting to isolate and fix whatever is causing it? I'd rather figure out what is going on rather than just re-flashing, though of course I realize I may need to go that route at some point.

--I followed GLDs guide to flashing the ROM.
--Specifically, I'm seeing screen redraws and an overall slowdown across the board
--I have not disabled compcache (maybe I should try this? I see the instructions in this thread)
--What other info is relevant/necessary?

TIA!

Yes, follow my instructions to disable compcache (http://androidforums.com/liquid0624...t-source-get-while-its-hot-3.html#post1731970). I've completely disabled it on mine, for the same reason -- over time I was seeing more and more lag.

As soon as I disabled compcache (and also went into the Advanced menu in ClockworkMod recovery and wiped Dalvik cache -- don't worry, it rebuilds itself in short order, with just the stuff it needs), and used Samsonite801's redraw fix (http://androidforums.com/liquid0624/192140-liquid-frozen-yogurt-v1-71-frg83-built-source-get-while-its-hot-2.html#post1707077), I started seeing the awesome smokin' fast, no redraw performance again -- and it's continued for the last couple of weeks since I disabled it.

Upvote 0
There's been very lil going on in the ROM world lately and with a pretty hectic schedule the past couple weeks (aside from working multiple jobs, the majority of my friends and family seem to be born in the month of October...really is only one thing to do on a cold January night, apparently), I haven't been able to flash another ROM. And yanno what, that's a good thing. I didn't just give this ROM my first ever 5 because I have given LFY some bad reviews in the past, but b/c this truly is a great ROM. It's now been a full two weeks and counting and this is still the best running ROM I've had on my Droid, both performance-wise and battery life.

GLD had told me about the Samsonite fix the first night I flashed this ROM, so maybe that's why, but I've not had any reduction in performance. This is def a first, as every ROM I ever flashed (that I had on long enough to tell) has had diminished performance eventually.

The only prob is my damn camera. I have no idea what's caused it or how to fix it. It's stuck in negative mode and I can't change it. Yanno how you swipe from the left side and you can change the settings? I can't. They're not in menu, either.

If no one knows a fix, is there a better camera app that maybe I could install? Might like it better anyway. I never actually considered it. Think I'll pose that question in the Droid forums, too.

Upvote 0
I would download the smoked theme zip, open it, and delete all of the apps out of it. Or even delete the entire app folder so that nothing app related is flashed, only framework changes.

Hmmm, might give that a try. I wasn't sure how to go about achieving this at first, but it must be because I have stopped screwing around with the innards of my phone in the last several months....lol.

There's been very lil going on in the ROM world lately and with a pretty hectic schedule the past couple weeks (aside from working multiple jobs, the majority of my friends and family seem to be born in the month of October...really is only one thing to do on a cold January night, apparently), I haven't been able to flash another ROM. And yanno what, that's a good thing. I didn't just give this ROM my first ever 5 because I have given LFY some bad reviews in the past, but b/c this truly is a great ROM. It's now been a full two weeks and counting and this is still the best running ROM I've had on my Droid, both performance-wise and battery life.

GLD had told me about the Samsonite fix the first night I flashed this ROM, so maybe that's why, but I've not had any reduction in performance. This is def a first, as every ROM I ever flashed (that I had on long enough to tell) has had diminished performance eventually.

The only prob is my damn camera. I have no idea what's caused it or how to fix it. It's stuck in negative mode and I can't change it. Yanno how you swipe from the left side and you can change the settings? I can't. They're not in menu, either.

If no one knows a fix, is there a better camera app that maybe I could install? Might like it better anyway. I never actually considered it. Think I'll pose that question in the Droid forums, too.

You could try removing your camera app, rebooting, extracting the camera app from the base ROM, and putting it on your phone, and rebooting again....

Upvote 0
I need some help. I have LFY and it is constantly freezing requiring me to do a battery pull, and often I have to do several before it becomes usable. I notice that there are times it will FC for ADW or launcher and when I click to force close it just freezes. Rather frustrating considering I have really like the LFY roms.....i'm guessing there is something I did wrong, but just not sure what? Bad files?

Upvote 0
Hmm..I haven't had this issue so I haven't searched for a way to fix it. Is your LP updated to the most recent version? Sometimes when you restore an older app, it won't talk well with the new ROM. Also, when you're restoring from TiBu, make sure you only restore app and app data, never system data. That will more than likely cause issues.

Also, might help to check your LP settings. In Preferences, under General Settings, make sure to check "Keep in Memory". Then go to Advanced Settings and hit "Memory Usage Settings". From there, I have checked "Use homescreen caches", "Build caches as needed", and Prevent force-closes". Next, back out to the main LP settings (preferences) and "Restart LauncerPro". See if this helps.

Yes I have the most current version, in fact, I completely started fresh...no backups restored, no TiBu restored, nothing and i'm experiencing these things! Now what you said in your second paragraph might help...I never used the "Keep in Memory" feature because of the warning label it comes with but, I have utilized that feature now and all other sections you mentioned are checked...I'll see how this goes over the next 24hrs or so, thanks bro! :D

Upvote 0
Yes I have the most current version, in fact, I completely started fresh...no backups restored, no TiBu restored, nothing and i'm experiencing these things! Now what you said in your second paragraph might help...I never used the "Keep in Memory" feature because of the warning label it comes with but, I have utilized that feature now and all other sections you mentioned are checked...I'll see how this goes over the next 24hrs or so, thanks bro! :D

I hope it helps. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
This happened to me too. I did report it to Google when the prompt came up to do that. It cleared up in a day. Then it did it again once. Now it is OK again for the last several days. I have no idea if it is related to the Blueberry theme, but I've been running this theme since I flashed 1.71 when it first came out and did not have any problems with Gmail until recently. Hopefully they are cleared up and were just an unrelated anomaly!

Upvote 0
Hi hi, new to this, but successful with most of it. I had a bunch of questions, but narrowed it down to two, if anyone can help.

1. In the instructions.txt When you say reboot into recovery (clockworkmod) do you mean something like the "Droid X Recovery Bootstrap?"

and 2. Do I have to be deodexed, or does this deodex? I have gotten ROM Manager and was pretty much following the directions on this thread http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html , but I don't think I want that theme. Liquid obviously seems to be the way to go.

Upvote 0
Hi hi, new to this, but successful with most of it. I had a bunch of questions, but narrowed it down to two, if anyone can help.

1. In the instructions.txt When you say reboot into recovery (clockworkmod) do you mean something like the "Droid X Recovery Bootstrap?"

and 2. Do I have to be deodexed, or does this deodex? I have gotten ROM Manager and was pretty much following the directions on this thread http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html , but I don't think I want that theme. Liquid obviously seems to be the way to go.

This theme is for the Motorola DROID ONLY - as in the Original DROID, not DROID 2, Not DROID X, Not DROID 2 World, Not R2D2.

Upvote 0
Well 1.8 is just bout finished but until you people start donating it won't be posted! Sorry but I havent gotten any donations in 2 weeks and for a thread with over 6k views and 20 k in dowloads I feel very unappreciated! I'm about ready to cancel 1.8 and its halloween suprises that I have grueled a massive amount of work and time into. All that have donated this is not meant for you so move along! For all you free loaders get donating if you want me to continue stop ruining such a great thing for everyone!

Upvote 0
Well 1.8 is just bout finished but until you people start donating it won't be posted! Sorry but I havent gotten any donations in 2 weeks and for a thread with over 6k views and 20 k in dowloads I feel very unappreciated! I'm about ready to cancel 1.8 and its halloween suprises that I have grueled a massive amount of work and time into. All that have donated this is not meant for you so move along! For all you free loaders get donating if you want me to continue stop ruining such a great thing for everyone!

In all fairness, while not much, I donated around a week ago (give or take a few days) to both you and LiquidzGrl. Came out so, so I'm sure it went through.

Everyone should support their fav Devs for their continued effort and development.

Upvote 0
In all fairness, while not much, I donated around a week ago (give or take a few days) to both you and LiquidzGrl. Came out so, so I'm sure it went through.

Everyone should support their fav Devs for their continued effort and development.

wouldn't that suck if his donation buttons were set for someone else's account..

1.8... Geez... it's only been 22 days..
6k views and 20k d/l's.. WOW!

Upvote 0

How about sending the file to those who have donated?

On second thought I guess the file would be too large anyway. Come on folks, donate! Based on this forum alone there should be at least 39 people who should shell out a few dollars.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones