• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Lost my stock Motorola Launcher

_-Jay-_

Nov 12, 2010
NJ
So since SPB Shell 3D isn't working correctly for me I downloaded Home Switcher from the market so I can switch back to the Stock Launcher w/o having to uninstall SPB. I opened the program and saw a list of Launchers to pick.

Agile Lock
Home (Moto-Blur)
Launcher Pro
SPB Shell 3D

The top said that SPB was my default. So I chose Home (Motorola) as my new default and clicked launch. It then went to me stock launcher home screen. Everything seemed great. Then the next time I clicked the home key, it defaulted back to SPB. Home Switcher does not allow me to set anything other than SPB as the default launcher. So I uninstalled SPB completely so I can run the stock launcher with no issues. Suddenly, it decides to load Launcher Pro instead. Again, I went back to Home Switcher and set Moto-Blur as my default launcher. I clicked launch and it took me back to my Motorola Homescreen. Again I thought everything was okay until I hit the Home key and it defaulted to Launcher Pro. Wtf! So in a last ditch effort, I uninstalled Launcher Pro also and pressed home to go back to my Motorola Homescreen only to be met with a black screen. My Stock Launcher was gone. I could still see my notofication bar and if I hold the home button I get my recent app list. So I chose Home Switcher and was able to launch the Moto Launcher from there. Then I reinstalled Launcher Pro and it works okay. So it seems that somehow I lost my Stock Motorola Launcher. How could that happen? And how can I fix it? Factory Reset? All these other guys running SPB say they love it and have no issues. Why won't it work correctly on this phone? Even with the stock messaging app, she is still getting the repetition of text messages.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones