• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Low on space" phone/application storage notification

Can you or someone else tell me what deleting the data for Facebook for HTC Sense actually does?

I had read earlier in this thread about deleting some data for HTC apps and such as one of the things that might help. After going through everything else, I thought I'd look around at anything that said HTC Sense that I might not use. (I use Facebook for Android...not HTC's anyway). Even though there was very LITTLE data in the Facebook for HTC Sense in there...for some reason, deleting it immediatly made MY "Low On Space" error go away. I don't know why. I think "HTC Sense" has a bug in it in general.

If you don't use Facebook for HTC Sense, try deleting the data. It's worth a try.

Upvote 0
My phone keeps telling me this in my notification bar and its bugging the crap out of me. My intenal phone storage has over 6gb free and my SD card has 1.3 gb free.

The notification will not go away, I have tried rebooting my phone.

I can't not stand it, its just one of my things, but it makes me want to not use my phone. OCD i guess.

Anyway, PLEASE tell me why it is doing this

Upvote 0
Low space notification has popped up yet again.

Question:

When I check my apps, I have a Facebook for HTC Sense and a Facebook app.

HTC Sense one has 22.6 mb of data. Should I delete this?

I have no idea what that will do.

i had this same problem. basically, i had to hard reset.

after thinking about it, here's what i think happened.

i had facebook for htc sense, and it syncs w/ your contacts so that you can have your contact pics from FB sync w/ your contacts on your phone. maybe other things as well, like friendstream.

i was getting the low storage error, AND i was also getting this problem where it seemed like my contacts were "super"syncing, like i would try and compose a text message and when I tried to add a contact, 30 or 40 of the same email would come up, and that was just the 1st person on my facebook page. well, if you have like, 400 friends, that's like 1600 emails.... it was slowing down my phone SOOO much i couldn't even send a text or make a phone call.

after hard resetting, i did not reinstall those apps. haven't had a problem since.
i JUST put on facebook for htc sense last night and synced them w/ my contacts... hopefully the problem is gone. i heard from another place that facebook app 1.3.2 should be good and that the problem is fixed... but i don't know if this is true.

i JUST upgraded to froyo this morning through the OTA update. pretty nice.

i hope that w/ the updates this problem does not come back.

we'll see.

if i were you, (although i never checked to see how much space this used up) i'd delete facebook for htc sense and friend stream. that to me seems like the culprit. you can always set up the account again. you would lose some contact photos, but nothign that can't come back.

Upvote 0
Got the Froyo update this morning and it once again triggered the Low On Space notification. Went through EVERYTHING here in the forum (defrag, deleting Facebook for HTC Sense, on and on) still there. Frustrating. Couldn't wait to get Froyo and now the same old error pops up. Heading down to the VZW this morning and get their take on it (I know, LOL).

Upvote 0
I started getting the "Low on space" warning with stock 2.1, went through the reset BS and still got the error with over 250mb free app storage on Incredible. I have no message apps, handcent, social apps or large mail cache- nothing. No excess cache with any app and the biggest file I have is Meteor Blitz at 26mb. Yet:

Stock 2.1 = "Low on space"
Skyraider 2.52 = "Low on space"
Stock 2.2 full AND the lite bloatware free version = "Low on space".

This is fruckin' lame.

Upvote 0
I did take mine to Verizon the other day with the Low on Space notification. They were idiots telling me I had too many apps on my phone (I had 620gb internal with 700mb memory available on my phone) and too many photos on my sd card (I had 10 gb free out of 16).

I think there is just a batch of bad DIncs out there. They put me on the phone (in the store) with another guy that didn't know anything and offered me two options...hard reset...or I can trade my new phone in for an old refurbished phone. What a deal. Buy a lemon, maybe get someone's elses headache for a replacement.

I ended up hard resetting and reloading what I needed. I have Froyo now too, so we'll see how long it takes this time to get the error for no reason. If it wasn't for this, the phone WOULD be Incredible.

Upvote 0
Alright. I am about at the end of my rope here. I cant freakin receive any texts bc this message is up here.
I called HTC and they have NO CLUE. Verizone has NO CLUE.
Both say hard reset.
I say NO!
There has got to be something else to fix this issue.

The thing is ...HTC doesnt know of the big issue with this...bc we arent letting them know.
I guarantee if ALL of us were to call them complaining today, they could work on a fix for it.
HTC number is: 866-449-8358

Please call them...please let them know the issue.
Let's bombard them until we get some answers.

I have cleared all chache's.
I have deleted 21 apps!
Nothing helps.

Upvote 0
Wow, I hate to say this, but if you can't get another Incredible, tell them this phone is too much hassle and get the X. Although I'm sure the X has it's own set of problems. Verizon worker have to take it back, it's stol under warranty. I would hope. Sometimes I feel like doing that, especially when I read about the X's battery life, etc...

Upvote 0
If anyone that is having this problem and has Open Home installed. Try the Open Home Memory Optimization widget. I've had Open Home installed for a while now even though I don't use it. I have the widget installed on my QuickDesk and like to press the button once in a while (I'm a button pusher by nature) even though it seems to do nothing. Well, tonight I've been moving music to and from my SD card and got the low memory message. I figured what the heck and hit the button, lo and behold a few seconds later the Low Memory message disappeared! I'm don't know if this actually worked or if it's a coincidence. And I'm certainly not saying that it will work for everyone or anyone for that matter. So, don't run out and spend 4 bucks and come back mad at me if it doesn't work. But, if you have Open Home installed it's worth a try.

Upvote 0
So I finally got this for the first time last night. Not sure how I made it go away, or so I thought...it popped back up this morning. I deleted my accounts for HTC's mail app. It went away for a bit but then came back as soon as I opened Google Talk. I deleted all chat history for any chats I had open, and that has seemed to fix the problem now for the past hour. Will update if any other problems occur.

Upvote 0
I Have been having problems with my phone's internal memory, ill go to the market and try to download an app and it states that there is not enough space to install it. I have deleted all of my apps and even done 2 hard reset's and nothing seems to help? No I cant even download any app what so ever?
Any One Know what is going on?and what i can do to get this thing resolved.

Upvote 0
I ran into this problem after installing Adobe Flash 10.1 on my Incredible. At first, I thought the problem could be that my device isn't yet supported and that that somehow caused a problem. While I was in the Market, however, the "Updates available" notice popped up and I tried to install one of those listed. It failed, so I restarted my phone, hoping that would clear the "Low space" error. It didn't.

I went back into the Market and hit the "Update All" button. After a long delay, three updates installed and the "Low space" message went away. My best guess is that something during the Flash install got hung up in the system's memory tracking functions, and installing another app cleared the problem.

I'd recommend installing another app before performing a hard reset, if you are able to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones