• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Major Lag and Keyboard Issues

BloodBlade

May 2, 2012
Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted here. And I've since gotten a new phone. Anyway onto the issue at hand.

I have decided to do something regarding my problems with my cell since its been frustrating me for far too long. The first issue is that it's constantly lagging, not with everything though. Mainly when I'm typing in some apps like Firefox in the URL section for example. Another example regarding the lag that pertains to the keyboard issue is for some reason particularly when inputting my password to access my cell it gets messed up. I'm not exactly sure what it's inputting exactly but when using cap during it for example it makes a click sound and adds another character or something. I can't tell what its inputting cause its still typing it as dots since I'm inputting my password at the time. When that happens I turn off cap and turn it on again and try again. Sometimes that solves it, sometimes it doesn't. I know there's two cap functions. It's very annoying and can be even more so when i need to get on my cell quick to check something.

Turning off the password prompt is simply not a option. Maybe regarding the lag in the apps I need to finally use my SD card that i believe is 32gb that I still haven't used? Would utilizing that speed up things? Also if I need any apps to help solve these problems can someone suggest apps that are reliable that are preferably free or work effectively without paying or ones that aren't overpriced? Money is tight at the moment since I recently bought a expensive upgrade for my home theater setup. Also I've rooted my last phone and I didn't like how it turned out overall. So rooting it to solve this problem to get a certain app or two is not a option either. Thanks in advance if someone can help me. Because I don't think I'm still under warranty and it's a bad time right now to be without my phone if I send it to Samsung for a repair.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones