• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Megavideo problem

redstar99

Lurker
May 6, 2010
When i try to watch megavideo links on my htc desire i get automatically redirected to jeshare.com. Anyone know how to fix this?

I know the desire supports megavideo as ive can watch megavideo clips that are embedded into other websites. Really want to watch some tv shows through megavideo, so would be really grateful if anyone has a solution to this.

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy S that I just recently updated to 2.2, I've tried skyfire, dolphin, and the default internet browser and I'm still being redirected to jo-games. The strange thing is, my younger brother also has a Samsung Galaxy S, which came with 2.2 when he bought it, and he doesn't have this problem. According to the settings are phones are identical. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end :(

Upvote 0
kind of found a work around. Leave dolphin browser user agent settings on Android(default) until you get to the megavideo page that has the "view on megavideo" link. Then go to settings>dolphin settings>user agent>then click on desktop. Exit and click on the "view on megavideo link and the video should play. It works on my atrix through Icefilms. Hope that helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones