• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mms_oom_hprof_data???

nmillman6

Lurker
Oct 6, 2013
I found this weird file pop up real big and start acting up on my phone when I plugged it into my computer. Can someone decrypt it for me? A lot of things I could kind of read and it's lead me to believe a previous thought I had when it seemed like a few to many people knew literally my every move. It's to long to copy and paste in here but if one would email me at (redacted)@gmail.com I would email them the encrypted text to decrypt. I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks all

Welcome to the forums, sorry about the trouble!

I've removed your email address to save you from spammers.

Here's what happened -

Android's memory manager ran out of memory (oom) while dealing with texts or media messages (SMS/MMS) and dumped its memory contents for debugging by the developers.

You may find a file by that name at the root of your SD card (delete it) and you may find your SMS/MMS messages gone.

This could have been caused by a number of things - too many messages, messages too long, that sort of thing.

That it happened, along with the fact that you don't trust your phone for other reasons, leads to this advice -

Backup what you have, do a factory data reset (that will wipe your data and all added apps from your phone) and then restore what you like.

Check out "Helium - App Sync and Backup"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup

Hope this helps! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones