• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Droid Extended Battery

If they can fit anything close to or over 2000mAh under the stock cover I'll buy it, otherwise I'm sticking to the 2600mAh extended, difference has been amazing.

I'd be really surprised if anyone gets 2000mAh in a slim ff. My "2100" Seidio is "double thickness", along w/the 1500mAh OEM "extended" for my Motorola Q. I think 1500/1600 is about the limit with current technology given the batteries' size.

Upvote 0
its funny because for the nexus its the opposite the slim extended is out and the bulky one isnt..so i dont kno what the hold up is on the droid slim extended..ive been holding out waiting to see what the slim one will be like before i buy anything
Isn't the stock Nexus One battery 1600? What's "extended" about this 1600?

Upvote 0
Yes, this is happening. I kill this battery per the meter, remove and go back to the stock one. The, when I get home, I pop the extended one back in to charge it, and it says 60% suddenly...

Seems the phone, the battery and the battery meter are not particularly in sync.

Sorta sucks...

One thing I have definitely noticed with the extended batt, is that is charges back to full a LOT faster than the OEM.

I also don't see the expected battery life. It's MUCH better, but not twice as long. I use an IM app all day long, so, I know it kills batteries. But, it only lasts maybe a third or so longer than the OEM.

Actually, I've had this happen with the battery that came with the phone. Sounds like a software issue with the phone rather than a problem with the battery...

Upvote 0
place selling that battery has real bad feedback on those batterys.. they sell a similar 1600ma battery for the google phone and from looking through their feedback a lot of people had problems with it... it's one of those companies on ebay selling so much shit they probably don't even answer emails.. and forget about refunds and produc replacments.. I ought cheap china batteries before.. some were awesome.. some sucked..it could be a good experience or bad.. price is certaily right at 8.95 with free shipping.. go for it and let us know how it works out..

if it is the same one i am looking at, by seller Seller obo_hk, I went back like 10 pages of feedback and that battery gets good reviews. I think maybe 8 good and 2 so so. For $9... who cares.

and for the person that said only 10-20 minutes more talk time.. doesn't sound bad to me.

I never have and never will do one of the extended batteries that needs a spare door. no way.

my only real concern on these is the battery meter reading correct.

Upvote 0
man these guys lag... I ordered on 2/17/10 and nothing yet. I have ordered from Asia before and never taken this long

they say "normally package takes 9-15 days to reach worldwide."

I also see that I got some random email from them last week that says "According to official note from HK Post office, packages increase a lot during pre-xmas so there is not enough airlines to ship the items. As a results, there will be delay, items may take about 20 days to arrive, thanks"

.. but we are like 3 months POST xmas???

Upvote 0
so after 23 days, I finally got that battery.

anyway, I use a great app called BatteryTime (best battery app IMHO) and for both stock and this "extended" battery it reports the following values when you plug in "1600" to the "other" field:

Idle Time: 455:23
Talk Time: 8:13
Video Playback: 5:40
Audio Playback: 11:25
Web Surfing: 6:34

Stock 1450
Idle Time: 265:59
Talk Time: 5:25
Video Playback: 3:44
Audio Playback: 7:32
Web Surfing: 4:20

big "claimed" difference. But, I do not "feel" much of a difference to be honest, not as much as it would appear we "should" get.

Upvote 0
i am tired here waiting for sedio slim extended battery..

After read good review from HTC HD2 forum here:

Momax battery ~~~! - xda-developers

..then i decided to buy momax X-Level Battery

Momax eShop - Mobile Phone X-Level Battery for Motorola Milestone

Price is about : $26 including tax and ship to worlwide

the capacity is stated as below the standard droid/milestone battery (momax battery is only have 1250 MaH)..but they stated and xda people said it 20 to 30 % better than standard battery..

will review here after received the battery

:D

Upvote 0
i am tired here waiting for sedio slim extended battery..

After read good review from HTC HD2 forum here:

Momax battery ~~~! - xda-developers

..then i decided to buy momax X-Level Battery

Momax eShop - Mobile Phone X-Level Battery for Motorola Milestone

Price is about : $26 including tax and ship to worlwide

the capacity is stated as below the standard droid/milestone battery (momax battery is only have 1250 MaH)..but they stated and xda people said it 20 to 30 % better than standard battery..

will review here after received the battery

:D

my battery just arrived...i will post the review below

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/31688-droid-extended-battery-released.html#post881692

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones