• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help my x10 won't charge!!!!!!

First of all are you using the original lead and charger as they are really picky phones over what they will take a charge from. Does the PC recognise the phone and can you charge it via the PC at all.

You could take it back to the shop to try a couple of things and then get them to repair it under warranty, as long as you still reside in the country of original purchase and have your receipt and have made no modificaitons to your phone, your warranty should be valid.

But at the shop I would also get them to try your phone with their charging unit and usb and possible try their battery from the display model in your phone. What you want to narrow it down to is the point of failure so from the wall working towards the phone... charging plug.... then usb lead... then usb socket... then battery. Obviously if it is one of the removable items that makes it a bit easier to resolve, if it is the usb socket then it will have to go back to be repaired.

yea i am using the oringal but it's ok now i took the battery out a couple times and now it is charging just taking alot longer then normal thanx so much for ur help :)

Upvote 0
yea i am using the oringal but it's ok now i took the battery out a couple times and now it is charging just taking alot longer then normal thanx so much for ur help :)

Glad you have got it working, could be a battery problem so keep an eye on it. There is a small app from the market called Battery Graph and it gives you a visual on the charging behaviour of the phone. Mine takes about an hour and a half to two hours to go from somewhere in the 30's to fully charged.

Upvote 0
took my x10 back to o2 shop for not charging, they sent it off for repair have just got it back un-repaired, I have been told it is beyond repair due to spillage/ water damage. my phone has never been had any spillage/water near it, please tell me what my rights are i am on contract.
i took my x10 to o2 shop was sent away for repair last week and phone call today telling me the exact same thing wat is going on? i think they are just looking for away out of fixing it. have come up with any ways around it

Upvote 0
i rang sonyericsson and told them that i had sent my phone to o2 and that they said there was spillage/water damage. sonyericsson gave me a returns number to send back to them, they also told me not to mention what o2 had said, I sent the phone of last Thursday 27/1/11 yesterday the post office tried to deliver it,while i am typing this reply my phone is now on charge, they replaced the main board, I will now be ringing o2 customer relations up and telling them what i think of thier so called repair centre. the photo o2 sent me of the alleged spillage damage was a burn mark on the board,if it was a spillage i would expect to see some kind of residue on yhe board. hope this helps

Upvote 0
Bought my phone in august last year., The charging has been a problem. Sent it to service via the shop, got it back two weeks later, with new battery. I asked to test it in the shop, and we alle saw that the phone still had the same problem. 5 weeks later I got it back, with a message that now they have put in all new hardware, only the covers where old! ... Tested it at the shop again, but still no charging!! Why the he... can't they trest the phone at the service BEFORE sending it back? This is so stupid, and its very typical SE politics. Just like Nokia used to be.
For me, this is more than enough, I will never buy SE phones again to me or my employees.

Reactions: noelmwendas
Upvote 0
i'm having the same probs as all of u guys ive had my phone for 4 months and then today was the first time i plugged it in the computer to update it and and went through the steps to back it up then had to stop to charge the phone to 50% it said and so i put it on charge and it just wouldn't charge... Also can someone plz tell me i didn't get insurance on the phone it's on a plan with optus ( i live in Australia ) so can i still take it bak to the shop is it under warranty even if i don't have insurance
thanx guys :eek: :eek: :eek:

If it is still under warranty then yes, what they do is replace the mainboard, as there seems to be a specifc fault with this.

I have had mine fixed for some time now and the life is much much longer it still goes for just over 2 days now (unless I make a durated call) which is increadable considering it was lucky to see a day beforehand (think of the good reviews for this phone if they had discovered this issue earlier).

I hope you get your phone fixed if it's under warranty and I hope mine stays in working condition amazing phone!!:cool:

Upvote 0
It is definately a problem with the phone.

My gf and i got an X10 last year sometime. Around summer time.
We actually got them because our Sony C510a's both stopped receiving signal at the same time.
We are with Rogers and the phones got sent away for repair. I had the same problem as Bomber and they said my phone had water damage. It hadnt been anywhere near water! It had exactly the same fault as my gfs which turned out to be a software fault. So they just returned my phone still not working.
We just got two new X10s anyways. My gfs stopped charging a few months ago. We knew it wasnt the usb cord or the battery as i used both her charger and her battery to test this and both worked fine with mine.
They sent her a refurbished unit anyways. We werent too happy with this but it was better then having no phone.
Mine has started doing exactly the same thing now. For the price of this phone you would expect that this would be something that they would have tested and sorted before launching the phone. Im starting to think the build of these phones was done at the cheapest possible price (They also opted not to go for multi touch based on saving money on the parts used in the phones).
Im now worried that when i send my phone back to get repaired they will make up some cr@p again that it has had water damage.
Its a pain in the butt as i rely on my cell phone for business and i use it as an alarm clock. Right now charging it actually drains it. I had it charged at 90% when i went to bed and i overslept as it had totally drained the battery.
Does anyone know if this can be software related? I have noticed that my phone and my gfs refurbed phone woudnt charge to 100% (would only go to 90%) on an overnight charge unless you switched the phone off and back on again.
I have got my phone charging right now. I took the battery out, and then wiggled the wire until the light came on and the battery lightning sign appeared.

I love the phone but man does this battery problem annoy the hell out of me!

Upvote 0
i had a third party mobile repair technician inspected on my x10.
it the weak micro usb port caused the problem of charging.
my situation is that i brought the x10 oversea before it is officially launched in the U.S.
Now i understand that SE will CHARGES me hundred bucks to repair. but the length of time to get it back from SE will freaks me out completely.
One of My friends she has similar situation and sent it back to SE from U.S. she took nearly 3 months to get it back.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add that I am suffering this same problem. I am in the Uk, contract with O2 and bought the phone from Carphone Warehouse, who are giving me the run around. I am so glad I found this message board which confirms my belief that it's a manufacturing problem. I was told Beyond Economic Repair for supposed 'excessive force', which I have always disputed. The phone is in pristine condition. I feel very let down by Sony Ericsson, whose phones I have always used ... until now!

Upvote 0
Heya guys,

I need your help. Mines stopped charging just over a month ago. I sent it back to vodafone and it came back has physical damage. I was shocked. I looked after the phone very well. Not even a scratch on it. And always had a cover on the phone. I didnt even drop it or anything.

All that happened was that the battery ran out and I came home to charge it and it just stopped charging. The screen came on and then shut off again.

And now only the red light flashes when I try to put it on.

I tried to take it to a repair shop and after a 3 weeks wait they came back and said it cant be fixed.

The phone is still under warranty if there anything I could do?

Just heartbroken. And I just dont know what happened.

If I damaged the phone then I understand but just suddenly dying? And then everyone saying I damaged it?

I lost all hope until I came across this thread and maybe there is so hope?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Just had a huge freakout!

My X10 was charging and I was texting while it was charging, then it just shutoff. This was at 8am. Because my SIM card gets stuck in the phone, and I dont have tweezers I was freaking out even more. I was getting the flashing red light that every one else is talking about.

Called S.E. and gave serial number and such, processed order to ship. When I put battery back in (3hours later) it magically started working? Confused the heck out of me, but the Cynogen Mod logo popped up, and Im getting a solid red dot. Hopefully it was a one-time freak out only!

However, I did notice my phone acting a lot slower than normal for the past week.

I did also take out the Micro SD as suggested by other posters.

Thanks guys, and just wanted to share my story.

Upvote 0
Dust is getting into your phone and settling on the contacts for the charger. It's been a problem for many sony ericsson phones, but all you have to do is scrape the dirt off, it settles in the exact spot where the charger contacts sit, so you don't get contact. If it's not charging scrape the contacts on the phone with a needle, lightly then blow, then conect and boom your away.
I'm so sick of trawling through these forums looking for answers, why do people keep posting the same problem over and over and over, and no proper solution? So anyway rant over, I hope this helps everybody.

Upvote 0
Heya guys,

I need your help. Mines stopped charging just over a month ago. I sent it back to vodafone and it came back has physical damage. I was shocked. I looked after the phone very well. Not even a scratch on it. And always had a cover on the phone. I didnt even drop it or anything.

All that happened was that the battery ran out and I came home to charge it and it just stopped charging. The screen came on and then shut off again.

And now only the red light flashes when I try to put it on.

I tried to take it to a repair shop and after a 3 weeks wait they came back and said it cant be fixed.

The phone is still under warranty if there anything I could do?

Just heartbroken. And I just dont know what happened.

If I damaged the phone then I understand but just suddenly dying? And then everyone saying I damaged it?

I lost all hope until I came across this thread and maybe there is so hope?

Thanks

Those technicians might be a bit lousy... obcourse it is fixable.. Not charging is only a minor issue of phone problem..

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add that I am suffering this same problem. I am in the Uk, contract with O2 and bought the phone from Carphone Warehouse, who are giving me the run around. I am so glad I found this message board which confirms my belief that it's a manufacturing problem. I was told Beyond Economic Repair for supposed 'excessive force', which I have always disputed. The phone is in pristine condition. I feel very let down by Sony Ericsson, whose phones I have always used ... until now!

Hi, This is the same issue that I am facing, I have had my X10 for just under 6months and the charge (albeit annoyingly poor) was OK until a week or so ago, I am on ORANGE UK and bought from Phones4You, They sent it off under warranty and they have today returned it quoting the same issue 'excessive force', I have NEVER dropped my phone or treated it badly, It is in perfect condition. I am informed that it is NOT a manufacturing problem but as the messages show this is not the case. A colleague of mine had the same mob and got it directly from Orange, They replaced it via a courier service in 24hours. I now wish I had gone direct with Orange rather than trying to save

Upvote 0
My Xperia Mini Used To Charge Fine, But Then It Started Not Working.
I Swapped Chargers With My Sister, Who Has The Motorolla Flipout Handset
And It Worked Fine, Then Recently Stopped Charging And Then Started, And Then It Turned Off And Did The Flash Three Times With Orange Light Thing. I Managed To Get It On, But Then Its Happened Again, And It Wont Even Charge Through My Computer, And Its Completely Out Of Battery, But I've Been Reading Through Other Things, And It Says That If You Take Your Phone In To Be Repaired With This Problem, They Send It Back Saying The Problems 'Unfixable'. I Dont Know What To Do ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones