• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help with this!

Gino34

May 26, 2011
Hey fellas. :)

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but hey, let's give it a try!

I just installed Tiger Snes emulator on my HTC Incredible S and it's giving me an error which states:

"No appropriate games found in sd card." It then tells me to copy my game roms to /roms/snes folder in sd card.

My question is: how do I go about doing this? I took a look and don't see any folder named "Roms". Is it hidden in another folder??? I tried looking stuff up online, on youtube etc. but so far couldn't find any help.

I have Astro file manager installed and have no idea where I need to look. How do I copy a downloaded rom to a specific folder on my sd card?

I would really appreciate help because I'm completely lost here.

Thanks a bunch! ;)

P.S. Do you recommend better emulators or is the one I'm using really good?

Thanks for the advice guys. I created the folder and subfolder and now I am encountering other problems.

For one, the emulators keep doing a force close on me whenever I try to launch them (I've tried different ones). It won't even open and keeps crashing.

There is one that did open up but I have no idea how to start the game.

Could it be the rom that's corrupt?

Please help me out.

I'm completely new to this on android.

Upvote 0
It has been a while since I used an emulator and the ones I used aren't even on the market anymore. I know that if you have a corrupted ROM it could cause force closes. It could also be a problem with the emulator itself, where did you get it from?

I really don't know what to tell you without having the actual emulator and ROM you are trying to use.

Upvote 0
I tried opening up Nesoid, Tiger Snes or Super Gnes.

The only one that launches is Super Gnes.

I found all of these on the marketplace.

What usually causes apps to close? I even tried restarting my phone and nothing has changed.

Any advice? Should I be looking for a particular extension when downloading a rom? Do they need to be unzipped? Thanks.

If you know of someone who has a tutorial on here please feel free to direct me to it (link or copy and paste it here).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones