• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 4 won't connect to PC.

s0nix

Lurker
Sep 16, 2013
Hello, i have a very weird problem. :( My nexus 4 cant connect to pc as mass storage device.. It worked fine like 4 days ago.. I dont know what happened or what else i can try.. Already tried: usb debugging on/off, factory reset, usb settings in storage menu, different usb port, NOTHING HELPED! There are another weird thing that i spoted is that it only charges through usb when i have nothing selected in storage>usb connections menu, as soon as i try to select mtp or camera it stops from charging and nothing happens. Same problem for AC charging it wont charge when theres mtp or camera selected, and only charges as USB... I'm confused.. Are there any ways to get it working again? :(

The most common cause of problems is a dodgy USB cable - apparently, these are very easily damaged. I'd try a different cable - you can get them for around $1 on ebay.

Having said that, I've had similar problems recently with a selection of cables - yesterday, I had to turn the phone off in order to get it to charge when connected to my work PC. This may be an issue with security on the PC (it's a financial institution) but I'm sure it has worked in the past. I'm now wondering if this is some issue with a recent update :thinking:

Upvote 0
The most common cause of problems is a dodgy USB cable - apparently, these are very easily damaged. I'd try a different cable - you can get them for around $1 on ebay.

Having said that, I've had similar problems recently with a selection of cables - yesterday, I had to turn the phone off in order to get it to charge when connected to my work PC. This may be an issue with security on the PC (it's a financial institution) but I'm sure it has worked in the past. I'm now wondering if this is some issue with a recent update :thinking:
Not working. :( i dont know what to do.. it was fine 4-5 days ago, after i installed Windows 8, it suddenly broke.. Can this be software issue? I mean it shows that it charges when connected, but doesnt show in device Manager or else, just nothing happens when i plug it in...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones