• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 6P official ordering thread!

Ordered my Frosty 128GB 6P today (only color showing in stock) with a shipping estimate of 11/12. Hopefully that holds true. Jumping from a Turbo (which I actually like quite a bit), and hoping for two things: 1. Battery life doesn't disappoint 2. Redemption from my horrid Galaxy Nexus experience.

Upvote 0
128 Graphite model via Project fi :), I have to admit this is the first non samsung phone i will own even since before smart phones even existed. (with the exception of a few terrible LG phones)

okay, bear with me guys 'n gals.

I have always had Samsung Galaxy phones, the 'S' and two S5s here now...

I am feeling the itch to get a real Android w/o Verizon's crapware ruining the experience...

My question is: Will the SIM in my Verizon S5 phone work in a Nexus 6P ?
I'm concerned about the radio in the Nexus 6P covering all of the Verizon bands. I'm brand new to this arena...

Upvote 0
HELP!! Ok, i had posted that my 32gb graphite wasn't shipping til dec 10th-14th. I checked Google store and now there is a 128gb graphite in stock that will ship in Nov. Any words of wisdom on why i should buy the larger storage. In convincing myself (not too hard to do mind you, lol) i feel like people tend to keep Nexus phones alot longer than other Android phones due to the support they receive. True or false? Also, i just think it'll give me greater flexibility to choose what I want to store in a cloud or on the phone. This will also be my first phone without an SD card.

UPDATE: No help needed. I took the plunge, cancelled the original order, and with the help of the project fi folks, ordered a 128gb aluminum 6p. Should have gotten the larger one from the get go. Also, their customer service is very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: zerowind
Upvote 0
I'm concerned about the radio in the Nexus 6P covering all of the Verizon bands. I'm brand new to this arena...

The 5X and 6P support all US GSM bands minus band 12 (T-Mo) but that is coming soon. Or now if you're willing to flash the radio yourself using a file floating around the XDA forums... So pop in a sim and you're gtg

HELP!! Ok, i had posted that my 32gb graphite wasn't shipping til dec 10th-14th. I checked Google store and now there is a 128gb graphite in stock that will ship in Nov. Any words of wisdom on why i should buy the larger storage. In convincing myself (not too hard to do mind you, lol) i feel like people tend to keep Nexus phones alot longer than other Android phones due to the support they receive. True or false? Also, i just think it'll give me greater flexibility to choose what I want to store in a cloud or on the phone. This will also be my first phone without an SD card.

UPDATE: No help needed. I took the plunge, cancelled the original order, and with the help of the project fi folks, ordered a 128gb aluminum 6p. Should have gotten the larger one from the get go. Also, their customer service is very good.

Nice upgrade! Well with 4k video and the large games / emus / apps that you'll undoubtedly want to load up on your new phone to test its muscle, you can't go wrong with 128GB. Especially since there's no mSD card slot...

I got the same but in graphite. Although I made trade for bare aluminum if the finish ends up flaking off prematurely...

Upvote 0
Nice upgrade! Well with 4k video and the large games / emus / apps that you'll undoubtedly want to load up on your new phone to test its muscle, you can't go wrong with 128GB. Especially since there's no mSD card slot...

I got the same but in graphite. Although I made trade for bare aluminum if the finish ends up flaking off prematurely...
DUDE!! Your advice was awesome. Not only did i get a larger model, the dang phone is being delivered today!! I actually wanted the Graphite but i use a cover all the time, so it really won't matter. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
Got mine 30th Oct FIRST! Pre-ordered Black frostAluminum 32GB , arrived October 30th free Huawei Tab (first 1000 order Uk Only) to follow still waiting . Also various covers now on sale on Ebay lots to choose from

Just got my free Huawei Media Pad as I was one of the first 1000 people to grab the Nexus 6P and they threw in a back cover also not bad for a brilliant phone
andoid.JPG

Upvote 0

I have always had Samsung Galaxy phones, the 'S' and two S5s here now...

I am feeling the itch to get a real Android w/o Verizon's crapware ruining the experience...

Yes, the nexus will work with any sim card, it is unlocked meaning it works with all the CDMA bands and GSM bands.

Upvote 0
I have Metro PCS, & what i did was carefully cut my sim card to the correct size of a Nano size. popped it in & it works like a charm. between work & night school just dont have time to go & pick one up. it is working though...

2/1/16 - well I thought it would work but it didn't. I went to my local m-pcs & picked one up, for $40 for the set up. But its cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yup, looks like I'm going to be joining you folks. Not paying for Pixel XL and want a big phone. Had been considering the OnePlus 3, but just saw that Amazon and Newegg has the 64GB model of the Nexus 6p for $499. I guess being able to stay Nexus for a couple of more years is worth something to me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones