no vibrate with notifications

1. kaylegendary

kaylegendary New Member

So my phone doesn't vibrate with sms notifications..i checked the settings and its supposed to, but its not. My phone vibrates when I get phone calls so I'm confused. :(

Advertisement
    :
  2. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member

Seems to be a fairly common bug.. I had it twice. First time I did a factory reset. When it happened again I did some more research and found that an app called "quick settings" that is free on the market could be used to fix it. Worked like a charm for me.
  3. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

You don't need an app to fix it! There are two settings for this. The one you checked and this:

Open messages>menu>settings>check mark the vibrate option

The one in system setting won't do it it's in the text app itself
  4. Madwolf27

Madwolf27 Well-Known Member

Seems to me I tried that. I tried everything. *shrug* I liked the quick settings app anyway and kept it :)
  5. kingkerna

kingkerna Member

Doesn't seem to be giving me any joy either.

Annoying
  6. tman1986

tman1986 Member

Wow, this was also driving me nuts. I did the quick settings app and now the vibration notifications seems to work fine. Thanks Madwolf....
  7. preme777

preme777 Active Member

then it just vibrates once...any way to make it vibrate more than once without an app?
  8. stargirlmia89

stargirlmia89 New Member

Same issue with mine, and I have it set to vibrate on everything. I'm also running low on storage space so I'd rather not install an app.
  9. RazoE

RazoE Well-Known Member

I'm on Cyanogenmod7, and it seems to be a bug, once you raise the volume manually, the setting will reset, so no matter what, it resets itself to no vibrate..
  10. andropiro123

andropiro123 Member

go to settings> profiles> default> (anyofthem)> vibrate> on
    Cramill likes this.
  11. Cramill

Cramill Well-Known Member

I'm also on CM7 now and I've noticed that sometimes my phone doesn't vibrate when i get text messages. I'll try this setting and hopefully it will set SMS to vibrate all the time.