• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Offered MyTouch 3G by T-Mobile

i called and spoke to pda support about the problems that the bh2 has......phone turning off by itself, in call functions not working, poor reception, things they cant troubleshoot really. they said they could send me a replacement bh2 or a moto clix, said no thanks and that they could cancel my line then........immediately got transferred to customer loyalty and explained again what was wrong with phone(and never said anything about 2.x)they put me on hold for about 15 minutes came back and said they would send me the mt3g and i could keep the bh2....they customer loyalty person did ask basically what i wanted and i told her either the mt3g free or the slide free.........

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with T-Mobile Executive Customer Service. I paid $185 for the Samsung Behold II earlier this year. The deal for the Mytouch 3G Slide was $229 with a $50 mail in rebate. What we agreed on was appyling the $185 I paid for the Behold II towards the $229 due on the Slide. That leaves a balance of $45 for the Slide and I still have the $50 mail in rebate and I am keeping the Behold II to sell on Craigslist/e-Bay. That seemed more then fair to me. Can't beat T-mobile's customer service! Loving the Slide and Android 2.1 btw!

Upvote 0
Umm...Even more plus = no contract! so what are you talking about? You got hosed man...hosed bad.

Actually you may still have a contract.

In my case I signed up for the EM+ plan back when I was still under a regular contract plan with T-Mobile and still am under contract now. Bottom line is signing up for the EM+ plan does not cancel your previous contract plan.

Being an EM+ user I had to struggle a bit to reach a deal. After numerous calls and respectful and courteous complaints I had Tmo agree to send me a new phone (BB Bold) and keep my BH2. Sold the Bold for $400 and the BH2 for $175 on eBay and now have a good amount of cash for a new phone.

Good luck and don't give up

Upvote 0
I had the Behold II for a month & after all of the odin flashing & everything, got sick of it. I went to a T Mobile owned store & started complaining about the Behold II & the LCD was flickering & wanted a different phone. When they said they really couldn't do anything except replace the faulty one. I then asked for the manager & explained everything to him again. I had just recently renewed our contract & was two months into it. I said if they couldn't do anything I would cancel my line & my wife's because Verizon said they would pay my early termination fee if I went with them for two years. I could then sell the phones to make up for the termination fee & make money on the whold deal. (I was bluffing). She then gave me the newer MT3g 1.2 (Which is exactly the same as the Fender) for $99.00 & I got to keep the new Behold II replacement they were sending me. Didn't have to extend contract. I just sold the "new" Behold II on EBay for $199 + shipping. I now have the newer My Touch & flashed it to Cyonagen's 2.1 rom 10 minutes after getting home & it is awesome. It will also be getting the same upgrade as the My Touch slide with the Genius Button.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones