• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official EVO Rumors and Speculation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So im finally back for my business trip. My Wifys Evo and mine are boxed up in front of me to open up right this seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait where is everyone posting lol
I guess they took the suggestion to use the rest of the forum to post. Plus with the sub-forums keeping things organize, it just exploded in threads. Almost to the point that so many are made that we can't keep up reading them. lol

TS

Upvote 0
I guess they took the suggestion to use the rest of the forum to post. Plus with the sub-forums keeping things organize, it just exploded in threads. Almost to the point that so many are made that we can't keep up reading them. lol

TS

I didn't know other threads existed... will look into this LOL. This has been our home for too long to abandon it!

Upvote 0
Me and my friend just got Grocery iQ. I had a app on my TP2 where I could type up my list thing thing OMG it's amazing. You speak and it shows you a list. You scan the barcode it shows you the product and you can add it to your list. Sorry this is my 1st Android phone and all these cool apps and this phone it's amazing. It even has coupons but to bad the store can't just scan them off your phone LOL! I think you have to log into the app on your pc and print them out. And you can scan your grocery card but my store Kroger isn't listed right now. But I am having so much fun with this phone. I can't stop talking about it.

It should be illegal how awesome this phone is...

Upvote 0
hey all - i'm a pre user that is watching everyone's reaction to the EVO like a hawk! I don't want to end up with the same experience a year from now that I'm in now after a year with the Pre. I thought it was the coolest thing ever when i got it, but now it's boring and sluggish and just seems outdated to me. I definitely see enough positive feedback to know this is a sweet phone.

I saw a post a week ago where someone said their Sprint rep told them to hold off until June 16th because there will be another announcement, even something about an HTC with 1.6 ghz processor or something (i'm going off memory here). Has there been any more rumors like this that should have me wait a week or two longer for an announcement like this on the 16th? Just wondering if anyone has heard anything like this.

Upvote 0
hey all - i'm a pre user that is watching everyone's reaction to the EVO like a hawk! I don't want to end up with the same experience a year from now that I'm in now after a year with the Pre. I thought it was the coolest thing ever when i got it, but now it's boring and sluggish and just seems outdated to me. I definitely see enough positive feedback to know this is a sweet phone.

I saw a post a week ago where someone said their Sprint rep told them to hold off until June 16th because there will be another announcement, even something about an HTC with 1.6 ghz processor or something (i'm going off memory here). Has there been any more rumors like this that should have me wait a week or two longer for an announcement like this on the 16th? Just wondering if anyone has heard anything like this.

if they announce something like that on the 16th, you'll be able to get the phone this time next year. sounds like poppy cock to me.

Upvote 0
Me and my friend just got Grocery iQ. I had a app on my TP2 where I could type up my list thing thing OMG it's amazing. You speak and it shows you a list. You scan the barcode it shows you the product and you can add it to your list. Sorry this is my 1st Android phone and all these cool apps and this phone it's amazing. It even has coupons but to bad the store can't just scan them off your phone LOL! I think you have to log into the app on your pc and print them out. And you can scan your grocery card but my store Kroger isn't listed right now. But I am having so much fun with this phone. I can't stop talking about it.

But you can scan coupons that are displayed on your screen :). The barcodes are perfectly scannable.

Upvote 0
Well this program had a coupons tab and a tab for your shoppers plus card but the coupons said clip and save there was no barcode on this program that I recall. edit: Ok I went to appbrain and saw some other cool coupon apps, How does it work does the store have to scan the barcode off yourphone or do they punch in a number off the coupon into there register? One showed a taco bell coupon and I was just curious how that would work.

But I have another question though? Actually a couple. One is there a way to plug your phone up to the PC to add your bookmarks. If not I'll send all the links to my email and click on one by one and go there and add it. The web is so fast. But I think on my TP2 there was a favorites folder and I could do it from PC. Also I went to my local radio stations website. On my TP2 it said Listen Live and you had 2 choices Windows Media Player and it said MP3. It worked and played the stream. Well now I actually clicked on the listen live button on there website and it played right from there but it only will play the advertisement and then it stopped it never started playing the music and I don't know why. But there was a kiss video on there home page and it played. This phone is great!

I'm at the edit bookmarks on my phone. I guess I can try to speak what I want and see if it works that would be an easy way too.. Can you have a folder with bookmarks in it. And is there a limit to how many you can have? Thanks!

But you can scan coupons that are displayed on your screen :). The barcodes are perfectly scannable.

Upvote 0
So since we know the FPS is capped at 30 Fps, is there a way for a dev to take full advantage of the video camera? 25-30 fps particularly. It's just way to slow as it is, and too much compression. Maybe make a way to add codecs to the already existing codecs limiting the compression?

I emailed HTC and asked let the know I thought the 720p recording was very poor, they wrote back and said in low lighting conditions it would look grainy (which it does in all lighting conditions) and that moving it too fast would cause jerkiness (which it does when you move very slowly) but that they would try to make it do better through future software updates.

When I initially wrote to them I let them know the frame rate was too low and things didn't look smooth enough, that there was too much compression and it was all grainy and that it jerked badly when the camera was moved at all and that was how they responded.

I saw that it was offically supposed to be recording at 24 fps but it seems a lot lower than that, 30 should be an ideal frame rate for a phone I would think. I know some will say "it's a phone camera get over it" but they are the ones that kept touting the 720p recording as a reason you wouldn't need a camcorder anymore, so it's no wonder people are disappointed with the lack of quality of the video capture on this phone.

Upvote 0
I emailed HTC and asked let the know I thought the 720p recording was very poor, they wrote back and said in low lighting conditions it would look grainy (which it does in all lighting conditions) and that moving it too fast would cause jerkiness (which it does when you move very slowly) but that they would try to make it do better through future software updates.

When I initially wrote to them I let them know the frame rate was too low and things didn't look smooth enough, that there was too much compression and it was all grainy and that it jerked badly when the camera was moved at all and that was how they responded.

I saw that it was offically supposed to be recording at 24 fps but it seems a lot lower than that, 30 should be an ideal frame rate for a phone I would think. I know some will say "it's a phone camera get over it" but they are the ones that kept touting the 720p recording as a reason you wouldn't need a camcorder anymore, so it's no wonder people are disappointed with the lack of quality of the video capture on this phone.

well...what is actually causing the cap? Sense? Android? Hardware? Even tho i doubt its a hardware issue. And yea its a camera phone...but still it should be able to do at least 25 fps. I hope it can be fixed via a software update. Or maybe Google fix/uncap it in froyo.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones