• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Official Froyo installed

After half heartedly messing about trying to get Kies working on Windows 7 for a while I went into excitement mode when I read this forum page. So finaly got the phone, windows 7 and Kies (updated to 1.5.3.10103_100) to work together.

Then, clicked firmware upgrade and I just got,
Model Name : GT-19000
Current Version :pDA:JM1/PHONE:JM1/CSC@JMI
The latest version is already installed on connected
device.

So why have some people got the froyo update and I haven't? Any ideas before I send the PC to Silicon heaven?? Or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks.

When I click firmware upgrade in Kies, this is what I got

Model Name: GT-I9000
Current version: PDA:JFB / PHONE:JF5 / CSC:OXX
This device's version cannot be updated.

I bought this phone 2nd hand off ebay but I've never rooted it or applied lagfix.

Firmware version: 2.1update1
Baseband version: I9000XXJFS
Kernel version: 2.6.29 root@SE-S602 #2
Build number: ECLAIR.XXJFB

This is appears to be a different error message than yours. Any ideas if everything will be fine over the next week?

Upvote 0
Just tried updating again via KIES on my sim free SGS

and still getting same message that unable to update this version.

PDA - JM1 PHONE - JM1 CSC - JM1

Thought this was a normal build, is that they are rolling out to different builds to save servers at their end or is it something else.

Any input from anyone would be great.

Upvote 0
When I click firmware upgrade in Kies, this is what I got

Current version: PDA:JFB / PHONE:JF5 / CSC:OXX
This device's version cannot be updated.

That was the message I got before upgrading Kies, i thought it was odd because it would always say the "latest" message, which is why I upgraded Kies to then find Froyo back in post 1.

Upvote 0
Located in Hong Kong. Using an international SGS GT-i9000.

Just got an update though I'm uncertain if it is Froyo.

Current Version: PDA:JH1 / PHONE:JI1 / CSC: JH1
Latest Version: PDA:JPD / PHONE:JPE / CSC: JPD

updating now. I guess I'll find out soon if this is it.

Upvote 0
Located in Hong Kong. Using an international SGS GT-i9000.

Just got an update though I'm uncertain if it is Froyo.

Current Version: PDA:JH1 / PHONE:JI1 / CSC: JH1
Latest Version: PDA:JPD / PHONE:JPE / CSC: JPD

updating now. I guess I'll find out soon if this is it.

Yup, it's Official for Hong Kong running FROYO.ZSJPD now.

:)

Upvote 0
Have you gone into your browser settings and checked that plug-ins are enabled?

Browser | More->Settings->Enable plug-ins->Always On

And slower? It's about the same for me, although my friend with a HTC Desire commented that the flash was very smooth in comparison to his.

As for GPS, worse? What have you done to test the GPS? For the first time ever with the SGS I've managed to get a lock, and have the lock held whilst I've walked around town, so for me that's a huge improvement, no more bouncing around cell towers.

Jitmar plug-ins are enabled. I only really wanted flash for BBC. Do you know another site where I could test it?

I have recorded 3 my tracks of about 5 miles. On 2.1 the line was always on the road. On 2.2 the line is only ever on the road on very long straight stretches

Upvote 0
Does Froyo Fix the DHCP Netmask issue on the Galaxy S? Does it actually take the DHCP info from DNS and populate netmask as 255.255.255.0 instead of 255.0.0.0 on some networks? THIS IS ALL I WANT OUT OF FROYO! I want to finally be able to connect to my workplace's damn Wi-Fi. I take a lot of crap from my Motorola Droid and iPhone coworkers because of this enormous issue with the Galaxy S.

Upvote 0
I take it you guys have done a reformat after the update?

What is a reformat beards ?

oops just noticed those other posts.
Yes I did that.

I have actually just been giving this some thought and have come to this conclusion.
Unless i go into settings the only notcieable difference aftrer froyo is its a bit slower and gps is worse. It actually is exactly the same to use other than that.if someone had installed it without my knowledge I probably wouldnt have noticed for a long time.

Upvote 0
What is a reformat beards ?

oops just noticed those other posts.
Yes I did that.

I have actually just been giving this some thought and have come to this conclusion.
Unless i go into settings the only notcieable difference aftrer froyo is its a bit slower and gps is worse. It actually is exactly the same to use other than that.if someone had installed it without my knowledge I probably wouldnt have noticed for a long time.
Did you ever change anything on your phone before doing the official Froyo, i.e. Lagfix, Root, another Rom etc?

Upvote 0
think I see where you are going here Beards.

Yes i rooted and lagfixed because it was dreadful.
after that it was great. GPS was allways good.
I had what i felt was a very good phone.
I thought as much..... Last week I had a long chat about the update and how it would effect different users who had applied different changes to what was a 'stock ROM'.
What I gathered was the Froyo on it's own would not have caused any hiccups but it's the 'added fixes' that is probably causing issues.

You see the fixes were written specifically for standard ROM versions and with no alterations.
Samsung are aware it may end up causing issues or not fixing the problems it's meant to cure.
I'm hoping to have another talk next week.

Upvote 0
I thought as much..... Last week I had a long chat about the update and how it would effect different users who had applied different changes to what was a 'stock ROM'.
What I gathered was the Froyo on it's own would not have caused any hiccups but it's the 'added fixes' that is probably causing issues.

You see the fixes were written specifically for standard ROM versions and with no alterations.
Samsung are aware it may end up causing issues or not fixing the problems it's meant to cure.
I'm hoping to have another talk next week.

That may be the case Beards, but if samsung had given me a phone that worked properly in the first place and had not denied there was a problem i would not have done it. I waited as long as i could and could get no admission of a problem from vodafone or samsung.
i need the phone for my hobby of geocaching.
so the fact that i rooted and lag fixed is wholly samsungs own fault. If they had just admitted there was a fault and let me return the phone I would not have done it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones