• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root One Stop Shopping for Fascinate Kernels

-75 seems smoothest for my phone, could be in my head. That's what the otb's and adryn had for mid range so kinda makes sense.

I want a big uv on low end, about 75 mid range, but more uv on top since that seems stable. Imnuts said he would make it, he's really cranking them out
Yeah Im actually back on nem's 1200uv. Same -100mv on 800Mhz on down just like imnuts but also with the OC and mini uv at the top. Im still advocating for a -50mv 1200Mhz step since imnuts is cranking out so many kernels. Sadly it does seem like more than 5 steps is a no go as usual

Upvote 0
A lot of people had camcorder problems, that's why the last ones nemesis released were standard voltage

I never had to pull a battery but the cam did fail to record a couple of times, worked other times

Yeah, i even had camcorder problems when i was running stock. Back then i would just get the failed to record messages, but this is much more severe as the phone freezes and the only way out of it is to pull the battery.

I tried wiping the cache and that worked great until this morning, when it started freezing again. Seems the longer the phone is on the higher chance of hitting this issue.

I'm going to try going back to 1100sv and see how that works.

You guys are all extremely helpful.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yeah, i even had camcorder problems when i was running stock. Back then i would just get the failed to record messages, but this is much more severe as the phone freezes and the only way out of it is to pull the battery.

I tried wiping the cache and that worked great until this morning, when it started freezing again. Seems the longer the phone is on the higher chance of hitting this issue.

I'm going to try going back to 1100sv and see how that works.

You guys are all extremely helpful.
Thanks!
You know based on these comments I tried the camcorder out myself [1st time in months] using the 1200uv and all was fine

Upvote 0
OK I had OMJ change the thread title now too. I put a whole bunch of jazz in the OP now. Hoping to truly have as much of a one stop shop as possible. So in addition to nemesis now we have imnuts, adryn and even some of the older stuff from jt and geeknik.

There should truly be something for everyone now looking for any kernel for our SF

Upvote 0
OK I had OMJ change the thread title now too. I put a whole bunch of jazz in the OP now. Hoping to truly have as much of a one stop shop as possible. So in addition to nemesis now we have imnuts, adryn and even some of the older stuff from jt and geeknik.

There should truly be something for everyone now looking for any kernel for our SF

Thanks! Now all we need is your in-depth review of each along with your all-time favorite :eek:

Upvote 0
:pEven if I did that it still would not guarantee that my fav will work for you. I will say my fav is undoubtedly nemesis2all's 1200 test 5. But since each phone is so individual you must try and see for everything

I'm running 1/8 Imnuts 100 Voodoo5, like you were before going back to nemesis2all's 1200 test 5. I might try that one next. What was the major difference that made you switch?

Upvote 0
I'm running 1/8 Imnuts 100 Voodoo5, like you were before going back to nemesis2all's 1200 test 5. I might try that one next. What was the major difference that made you switch?
The extra 200Mhz at the top end. Im playing a lot of gameloft games and DD these days and the extra speed to my perception makes things smoother. The two kernels are exactly the same between 100-800Mhz as like imnuts nemesis has the uv at -100mv on those steps. The difference of course is instead of the top being 1000Mhz and -100mv from stock, its 1200Mhz and -25mv from stock. imnuts -100mv I would say would be my second choose and frankly if you dont play somewhat intensive 3d games it probably makes little difference if you top end is 1Ghz or 1.2Ghz. I just like having the extra 20%

Reactions: PeterGunz
Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been addressed already, I'm using the phandroid app atm and it's too much of a pita to search through the thread. I just flashed imnuts 125 voodoo last night and bln doesn't seem to be working. Is it supported in this kernel? When I run the test it goes on for maybe a second then turns off...not sure if the same thing happens when I actually get a notification...all I know is the leds aren't on even if I've received a message.

Upvote 0
Sorry if this has been addressed already, I'm using the phandroid app atm and it's too much of a pita to search through the thread. I just flashed imnuts 125 voodoo last night and bln doesn't seem to be working. Is it supported in this kernel? When I run the test it goes on for maybe a second then turns off...not sure if the same thing happens when I actually get a notification...all I know is the leds aren't on even if I've received a message.
yes bln is supported in imnuts 01/08 kernels as long as you have blinky 2.3/2.4 installed

Upvote 0
Saps, just to be sure before I do it. If i want to flash one of these (it will be my first time since going Voodoo5) I can just go to red recovery, wipe cache, and install zip from sd over the kernel I have now?

Problems only come from doing nonvoodoo over voodoo and the opposite.
100% correct you got it :). Well outside of your the opposite. You can always throw voodoo over non just not...the opposite;):p
But yeah your top paragraph is spot on and technically the cache wipe is optional, although advised my many

Upvote 0
Post back with your impressions on 1/13. I just flashed the 1/8 voodoo last night and I am liking it so far!

What 1/8 are you running?

The 1/13 that hes running is imnuts its a undervolted kernel, just a heads up not all phones take well to undervolt(mine being one) but thats not to say that I dont recommend everyone that is already running voodoo not to see if they can. But just letting you know to make sure that you leave the kernel that you are running stable on your sd card or make a nandroid before flashing just in case your phone doesnt take it you can flash back.

If you are running imnuts 1/8 forget everything I just said ;)

Upvote 0
i believe imnuts stated all of his kernels built yesterday are -100 regardless of what they say on the list

Looks like he pulled the 1/13's and is updating to 1/14, but there ae no kernels listed. Issue with notifications I believe. I am going to wait this one out and stick with the 1/8 100.

So, the difference with the new one is that they are all undervolted -100 but just scale differently depending on the numerical value?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones