• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Only Display Contacts With Phone Numbers

xbroogw1

Aug 7, 2011
Is there a way to display only contacts with phone numbes? In my contacts page it lists all my contact accounts (Email, Whatsapp, etc). I only want to display contacts with phone numbers from my Google account.

I go to Contacts to display > Customise > and choose my Google account. None of the other accounts are selected. The contacts page will display the contacts from my Google account, but once I leave the contacts page and return all my contacts are showing again. It doesn't seem to save my custom setting.

I have rooted my phone and I am using the Go Launcher.

Can any help or has anyone else had/got this problem?

Thanks for your reply.

I open the contacts app menu and choose Contacts to display. In this screen All contacts is selected. I have 3 accounts set up, WhatsApp, Corporate (email) and Google. If I choose Google, it takes me back to the contacts app with all my Google contacts. This is what I want. However, when I close the app and open it again ALL the contacts from ALL accounts appear. Even if I choose the Customise option from the menu, the same thing happens.

Upvote 0
Please, can anyone help with this? The accounts that I choose to display are not displaying. The phone just displays all the contacts. I have tried to clear the data from the contacts app and Google apps, but then all my contacts are messed up and I have to go into each contract and manually join/separate them. This is really frustrating. Any advice would be grateful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones