Over Clocking Kernel for SPH-M930BST

Last Updated:

1. mavrikmeercat

mavrikmeercat Well-Known Member

So now we need a boot animation that says Zhome Kernel!! for all you ROM guys!!

Running 1.6 and honestly my shite flies!! boots from off in about 5-6 sec...

Thank you BobZhome!! sweet!!

2. DMajor239

DMajor239 Well-Known Member

Hmm could you please suggest some settings for me? Cus all I see is a bunch of numbers and I don't want to damage this phone.
  3. sr17091

sr17091 Well-Known Member

Where it says cpu max speed put 1 600 000. This is only a suggestion. for min put what you want. Best if you use set cpu. Only $2
    DMajor239 likes this.
  4. DMajor239

EDIT: I'm just trying out and see if I like this first
  5. mabuis

mabuis Active Member

what are the different settings for? smartass, smartassV2 etc...
  6. Davegrow

Davegrow Well-Known Member

Basically they are all different ways of how the kernel runs the cpu kind of like profiles. They are all different you'll have to find out which one best suits you.
  7. Seansung

Seansung Active Member

Mavrik - Which CPU profile are you using (smartass, etc) and did you use set cpu app as well?
  8. DMajor239

darn my battery dies a lot faster now
  9. chevanlol360

chevanlol360 Well-Known Member Developer

set it the high speed to 800 max and the low speed to 600 and charge until phone reaches 100% i did that and unplugged my device and it stayed at 99% for a whole hour with moderate use with wifi.
  10. BobZhome

BobZhome Well-Known Member

From SetCPU for Root Users
    Code (Text):
    1. [FONT=Helvetica][SIZE=+1][B]7.  CPU Scaling Governors[/B][/SIZE]
    2.    CPU  governors control exactly how the CPU scales between your
  11. mabuis

mabuis Active Member

Can I use Rom Toolbox to adjust these settings instead?
  12. mavrikmeercat

Yep, I kept switching between ondemand & interactive. I use ondemand from cyanogenmod 7 settings on my prevail so I know that it saves battery life but I've found that interactive is a bit snappier when multitasking on the TU.
  13. mavrikmeercat

To all my fellow Transformers...lol

BobZhome worked his but off on this kernel and Davegrow informed me the he doesn't even normally mess with Samsung phones and he did this as a request from Davegrow for us because of his extensive knowledge of linux kernels.

What I'm getting at is he did this completely as a favor to us. please show your appreciation by donating a little something? I will be doing the same..

Thank you BobZhome!!

and I freaking LOVE this community!:D
  14. h20

h20 Well-Known Member

Running setcpu with this kernal How do you use the short or long bench test when I do it it says lower is faster what dose that mean?
  15. TeachMe

TeachMe Well-Known Member

Will this kernel work on stock rom if its rooted ?
  16. TeachMe

TeachMe Well-Known Member

Nevermind tried it and it does.
  17. Davegrow

Davegrow Well-Known Member

You can use any app that overclocks.
  18. mhrf90

mhrf90 Well-Known Member

Love this phone! Thanks for making it even better :)
  19. SSDconvert

SSDconvert Member

Ok guys, here we go.

I'm not new to rooting(had a prevail) but i never really messed with cwm or backing things up (they weren't available).... so i dont know it all yet, but i'm getting there.

The problem i'm having is with my wireless tethering.

After star-scrom flashing and then backup(cwm) i restored with the Bobz OC kernel so i could start OC'ing.

My question/concerns are with the wifi.zip issue. i left the wifi.zip(zipped) as instructed ... in the root of the sd card .... correct me if i'm wrong, leaving the zip file, in the sd root, means to basically drag the zip file from my desktop to the sd ... correct? that is the root right?

After the bobz oc kernel restore i went to >file manager and scrolled all the way to the bottom and saw the bobzwifi zip file.

When i clicked the file it says OPEN FILE No applications can perfom this action.

So, bob said to navigate to file and install ..... what/how do i do to install the zip file?

And what exactly does this zip file fix/do?

Thanks again for the help guys, great to soo how this place has grown.
  20. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

Ok you said you used a file manager to get to your zip on your sd card. What you need to do is install this file from within cwm. So reboot into cwm and follow the instructions bobzhome gave from within cwm. Also I have not installed this manually to know but I would assume that the fix fixes wifi issues like the fox-fi issue you're posting troubles with on the other forums

Edit: sorry bro I'm trying to answer this in tapatalk and editing quotes for large posts is difficult lol..
  21. Seansung

Seansung Active Member

What is everyone using for the last drop down "I/O scheduler"... the options are cfq or noop.

22. bads3ctor

bads3ctor Well-Known Member

I use noop. I did some research and chose it over cfq. I am not a kernel guru so do not think that I actually know anything about the differences between the two. :rolleyes:
  23. 3i3

3i3 New Member

after updating set cpu phone crashed wouldnt unlock had to restore old image when i did the restore im not sure if that backup had the oc kernel backed up or not so go to reinstall oc kernel as install update zip from CWM and it says install failed install aborted if i try to install from backup and restore or advanced restore CWM dose not see it. i put the 2012-02-05-BobZ zip file in both the CWM backup folder and on my sd root the only way CWM see's it is as a update zip i dont rember having any trouble installing it the first time anyway of knowing if its installed ? set cpu seems to work but i don't have interactive interactive x smart ass i know are missing from my profiles. should i be installing it as a install zip file from sd card or install as update zip or should i be installing as restore boot image cause that's how i think i did it the first time and now i cant remember how i did it
  24. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

you have to extract its contents put that in cwm..backups and then advanced restore...if you insert a zip cwm wont recognize it

download zip

extract the boot img file

place it in cwm>backups

boot into recovery

select backup/restore>advanced restore or just restore

select bobz bootimg file and let it do its thing

stick the wifi fix on sd

install zip from sd>choose zip from sd>select wifi fix> let it do its thing

go back to main and reboot system now
  25. h20

h20 Well-Known Member