• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
if you look at photos and side by side comparisons the iphone always has better lighting.
Over exposure is not the same thing as good pictures.

My wife has an S3 and I have an S4. The S4 takes better pictures. That's a very large part of the reason I updated to it, and it has not disappointed.

With the supplied charger, the S4 charges in 2 hours or less, in my experience. Might be longer if you were gaming or something like that while charging.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but in all the benchmark tests, the Moto X does about as well (and even better) then the S4 and the HTC One.
Can you link some of those in? The benchmarks I've seen have the S4 trouncing the Moto X in almost every category, save one or two.

Not putting the X down. Good phone. But it's benchmark results are not impressive in the least.

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/motorola-moto-x-vs-samsung-galaxy-s4-benchmarks-004545870.html

http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x-review-961p5.php

Upvote 0
It is big.

That was my concern about buying the phone. My old phone fit very nicely in my front jeans pocket. The s4 does not. It fits in my back pocket, but sticks out the top and I feel like it's going to slide out whenever I sit down. I don't feel nearly as secure with the GS4 in my back pocket as I felt with a RAZR MAXX in my front pocket, so I had to find a new way to carry the phone. Ahh, progress.

That said, it is not too big for my hand, and I love the damn thing.

NOTE: This is not very easy to test in store. A lot of the stores that have models out for you to play with have them bolted to the display. Not to mention, the store security guy starts staring at you when you try to put their products in your pockets.

Upvote 0
Before I got my S4, I thought it was going to be to big. (I most likely wouldn't have upgraded from my Atrix 4G, if it wasn't having all kinds of problems after a factory reset.) After a bout a day or so, I feel in love with the weight and size of my S4. I can still use it with one hand 95% the time. I love having the large 5" screen. Watching movies, playing video games, reading books and using GPS maps are great. So, a 5" screen is the sweet spot for me now and I will never go back to anything smaller.

Upvote 0
Agreed. I'd have a hard time going smaller. Or bigger, at least for an every day carry device. So this is the sweet spot for me too on phone size. I knew going in I would not have any issue with it, though. My wife has an S3 and I upgraded from an HTC EVO 4G LTE, both are about the same size.

But size is a personal thing. Small hands, small pockets, personal prefrence, brand bias, etc all enter into the "right size" decision.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones