• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Pleading for help to delete S Planner App

Doug6388

May 16, 2016
Hey Samsung ... I Need Help deleting ur S Planner app
I have done everything Trahojen (another post https://goo.gl/CnCpVm) has done and pleaded with anyone who will listen to help me dump this app and it's associated repetitious notifications that will not, can not stop.

Option 1 is to get a solution here or by private message or
Option 2 is to return my Galaxy S7 back to the store and get my money back and buy something else.

I do not want to do that but you (Samsung) appear blind to the number of people wanting to delete this app and you appear to have made it a "Sticky".

So Samsung .... Listen UP. There are multiple complaints from other trying to delete this S Planner on this and other forums, so if you DO NOT care about your customers, your customers can get Samsung's name in the news for things that are not related to product blowing up.

I am pleading with you to provide a solution on how to delete this app. Thank You

We're not Samsung.
Well thank you for your thoughtful insight Mike, but I was aware of that. Please remember that Samsung has paid minnions monitoring this and other forums looking for the word "Samsung" to know what is being said about them. This is not a best guess, but a fact.

I want my request taken seriously, by you, by other members or by Samsung. What is not helpful are comments like yours that point out the obvious. If you could provide a well composed solution, that would be appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0
Well thank you for your thoughtful insight Mike, but I was aware of that. Please remember that Samsung has paid minnions monitoring this and other forums looking for the word "Samsung" to know what is being said about them. This is not a best guess, but a fact.

...or it's a conspiracy!

I want my request taken seriously, by you, by other members or by Samsung. What is not helpful are comments like yours that point out the obvious. If you could provide a well composed solution, that would be appreciated. Thanks

Serious reply:
Try Package Disabler Pro, I believe that's what you need, and is often recommended on here.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ospolice.packagedisablerpro

I'll send my consultancy fee bill to Samsung HQ in Seoul tomorrow. :p

I did have one of their phones for a few weeks, but then it got recalled. So I don't have to put up with S-apps bloatware now. Your option 2 is something to consider, i.e. returning it. Frankly unless you're buying a Nexus or a Pixel, you'll very probably get some other manufacturer's bloatware with a phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jfalls63
Upvote 0
Mike
Thank you again, but I want to wait for another Opinion. It goes against my moral fibre to pay for an app to remove a manufacturer installed app who made no provision to delete it as ALL other S7 apps are installed and deleted easily. I can well afford the $1 fee, but what sort of an arrogant mfg would install something that is so hard to remove. I am posting this on multiple forums in the hopes of getting Samsung's attention. Regards

BTW - If Samsung is watching and is seeking a Note 7 solution, they might consider re-branding the Note 7 as "Noterr", change the battery to what my S7 is using and continue selling the geewhiz out of it. That would be cheaper than recalling and taking the PR flack.

Upvote 0
The attached photo shows the S Planner notification I receive with a ding every 15 minutes. Very annoying
SplannerNotify.jpg

Upvote 0

Many thanks BG260 but I was rather hoping for something simple like Home > Root > preload = mod.splanner (delete this file and turn OFF) Even a bunch of Samsung Coders could put a simple fix together unless they engineered the Note T battery specs. (he said sarcasticly) But if I can go to the Google Play Store and install Life360 GPS Tracker, look at it and then delete it, why can I not do the same with S Planner. I want to use my Google Calendar not S Planner, no matter how hard Samsung tries to ram it down my throat. I am incensed that Samsung Engineers puts this S Planner into a piece of hardware like boilerplate and force paying customers having to download another app to get rid of it.

I am planning on voting with my money and return my S7 if I have to and use the proceeds to encourage others to join a class action. Can you tell I'm ticked?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones