• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Poor call quality?

Now I'm pretty convinced! As far as HTC having Sexy devices, they get the nod! But there quality suxxx. The incredibles call quality was not good at all, and now the EVO. Well I can't understand this at all, it's a phone first, everything else is secondary. And sadly I can't thing of a worse problem then having not so good call quality on such a hot device. They get the double thumbs down!

Upvote 0
Could be your coverage area. Everyone I called said it sounded clear and crisp. Two calls were on the free Bluetooth. My area has excellent 3G. Had at least 5-6 bars all day. My only gripe is I had to use tweezers to get the SD card out. Other than that this phone is 10 out of 10. People keep trying to find things wrong to make threads. Just enjoy.

Upvote 0
Could be your coverage area. Everyone I called said it sounded clear and crisp. Two calls were on the free Bluetooth. My area has excellent 3G. Had at least 5-6 bars all day. My only gripe is I had to use tweezers to get the SD card out. Other than that this phone is 10 out of 10. People keep trying to find things wrong to make threads. Just enjoy.

omg god there goes another. it's not what they said , it's what YOU HEAR. plz read the posts and thread b4 posting. thanx bro

Upvote 0
The Evo has been great so far but the truth of the matter is that the ear speaker on it is not very good at all. We've got two of them and the sound quality is a bit tinny on both. My Samsung M520 had a better ear piece. That's not in any way to say it was a better phone from any other aspect, but I'm just being honest about the ear piece quality. The sound from the ear piece was just plain better.

However, there's lots of people who have said that about other HTC phones (i.e. their old phone had a better ear speaker) so I knew ahead of time that this might be the case. Was just hoping that they stepped it up a bit more for the Evo but oh well.

I can live with that but I also have a slight buzz in the ear piece when people talk and it hits certain notes. I probably would've chalked it up to just being a cheaper ear piece except we have two of them and my wife's Evo doesn't do that at all. Her's is still tinny and such but no buzz when the other person speaks. So I'm torn as to whether this bothers me enough to exchange the phone. Everything else is perfect and it's not like the ear speaker is all that great anyway so I don't know.

Upvote 0
It's not the call quality that's the problem here. It's the ear piece that is lacking. Yes, everyone is hearing fine no doubt but its just not up to par with any phones I've had in the past. I noticed the insufficient ear piece struggling with higher call volumes on certain words. Those who can't here them are lying to themselves. All the 3 EVOs on my family plan experience the same issue which is rather disappointing.

Upvote 0
I left T-mobile because I had bad coverage and reception in my house. Prior to that I had Sprint for more than 4 years. In that time I never ONCE dropped a call or had spotty coverage.

With my Evo I have dropped 3 calls, and people voices break up when talking. This doesn't happen with other Sprint devices in my house. Weak antenna? Defective unit? I'm not really impressed by the call quality at all...

Upvote 0
It's not the call quality that's the problem here. It's the ear piece that is lacking. Yes, everyone is hearing fine no doubt but its just not up to par with any phones I've had in the past. I noticed the insufficient ear piece struggling with higher call volumes on certain words. Those who can't here them are lying to themselves. All the 3 EVOs on my family plan experience the same issue which is rather disappointing.

you're right, it's the ear peice that is not good

Upvote 0
Yes, my wife and I both noticed the ear piece quality was lacking right away. However, I was on a conference call this morning and the speaker phone is awesome. At least to me it is. I know some reviews had said it was just so so, but I guess they have higher standards than I do in terms of that. I have no complaints about the speaker phone and it's plenty loud enough for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones