• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Positive thoughts and prayers appreciated

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
I haven't been around here very long, but this forum has a good feel to it, which is why I'm sharing.

I'm writing this from a room in the ICU, where I've been since about four this afternoon. When I answered the phone this morning, it was an ER trauma center alerting me that my mom had been in a serious car accident. I was on a plane by one.

My mom pretty much raised my sister and I on her own after my parents divorced and my father shortly thereafter died. She's one of those people who everyone likes and many love.

Right now she is in critical condition. I won't go into lots of details here, but in addition to some broken bones, a great deal of pain and a huge hematoma on her leg (that itself also has a large blister), she's got some head injuries as well, and all we can do at present is wait.

I share this only because I know there are some here who have genuinely big hearts and care for the tribulations of others, even strangers, and there are also those who believe in the power of prayer (as do I) and embrace the healing aspects of warm, positive thoughts...even anonymously, from strangers.

So it is in that spirit that I come here, sharing this burden, and hoping you may be willing to lend that kind of assistance...if you can send up a prayer or send some positive energy into the cosmos for her, I'd be deeply grateful.

Also, just a reminder: hug those you love and tell them so...often. And if they are too distant to hug, then call and tell them how important they are to you.

Take care, friends.

Thanks for the update, rootabaga. I'm so sorry your mom is having such a bad time, but your presence, and your sister's, is surely comforting and reassuring for her.

If this is allowed in the ICU, you might want to hook her up with some music. If there's a particular type of music she likes, it can be very calming and enjoyable (assuming it's not heavy metal or something! :D).

Please continue to post updates as you're able. Meanwhile, we'll continue sending good thoughts and prayers your mom's way.

Reactions: Rico ANDROID
Upvote 0
Kind folks, the hardest day off my life has drawn to a close. The Lord was gracious: mom could have perished in the accident, but we were able to see her and spend time with her before she passed.

We had also prayed that if He was not going to spare her life, that he grant us the mercy of allowing us to be by her side when she slipped away, and that did happen.

It seems impossible that she's gone.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom years ago when I was 16 years old, and I still miss her. I know no words can help. It's good that you have family there. You guys need to lean on each other and just try to help each other through this. Such a hard thing to go through...Hang in there.:(

Upvote 0
with-sympathy-so-sorry-for-your-loss.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones