• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your Android Desktop

What do you think guys?
eadlnaadf.jpg

snap20110117213733.png

Reactions: Jazziette
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have a quick question, I noticed that some of you may be layering widgets ontop of each other. How are you doing that? Or am I missing something

Get LauncherPro Plus or ADW.Launcher EX. Both of these will allow widget resizing. Then you drag Simi Clock (just an example, but is what most are using) down over the other widgets. You lose the functionality of the widgets "below" the resized widget, though.

Upvote 0
Get LauncherPro Plus or ADW.Launcher EX. Both of these will allow widget resizing. Then you drag Simi Clock (just an example, but is what most are using) down over the other widgets. You lose the functionality of the widgets "below" the resized widget, though.

Oh ok, thanks. I have the regular free LauncherPro. I don't want to lose the functionality of the widgets though so I just won't bother with it.
I was thinking about moving widgets closer together, but i guess it is all done by a grid system

Upvote 0
You don't loose funcionality of them. You just have to layer them the right way.

Isn't there only one way to layer them? By dragging the top widget over the bottom widget? After experimenting a little, some widgets still had functionality, while other didn't. For example, SMS Unread Count lost functionality, while Circle Launcher Lite still had functionality (the same widget was dragged over both). Hmmm...

Upvote 0
Isn't there only one way to layer them? By dragging the top widget over the bottom widget? After experimenting a little, some widgets still had functionality, while other didn't. For example, SMS Unread Count lost functionality, while Circle Launcher Lite still had functionality (the same widget was dragged over both). Hmmm...

For example the person above who posted the great screen shot and used simiclock and pulled it down but said they lost functionality of their sms, email and so on. To fix that but look basically the same you have the simiclock widget (say your on a 5x5 screen) as a 4x1 on the top right. Then you can pull it down so it is 4x5. Then you have a 1x5 area to the left where you can put your sms, phone, messages and what not. Looks the same and those still work.

Upvote 0
For example the person above who posted the great screen shot and used simiclock and pulled it down but said they lost functionality of their sms, email and so on. To fix that but look basically the same you have the simiclock widget (say your on a 5x5 screen) as a 4x1 on the top right. Then you can pull it down so it is 4x5. Then you have a 1x5 area to the left where you can put your sms, phone, messages and what not. Looks the same and those still work.

Yup! I can confirm this. I followed MissJennell's advice and rebuild my homescreen after that. Now everything's working as it should.

18-01-11-c.png

Reactions: MissJennell
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones