Post your Nexus One home screens!

1. Nelien

Nelien Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see how people layout their apps and widget on their home screens and how they have the phone customized! Saying as I'm very indecisive on how to best layout my home screens for ease of use I could use some inspiration!

If you don't know how to take a screenshot, check here:

How to take screenshots of your Android based phone from Windows

Advertisement
  2. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member

That wallpaper is SWEET!
  3. kafkef

kafkef Well-Known Member

Nice, is the Explosm icon an app or a link to the website?
    I can't wait to get my N1 already, should be here any day now.. hopefully tomorrow. Vart k
  4. FreshPrince

FreshPrince Well-Known Member

There's no way to take a screenshot from your device like the iPhone (lock + home button)? Damn. That walkthrough looks too long and complicated.
  5. oniongirl

oniongirl Well-Known Member

Not complicated at all. Download the drivers, click a setting on your phone, install Java dev kit, download Google code, open the UI for said code, go to the screen you want a photo of on your phone, click a button on the UI.

The instructions are purposefully wordy I think just to make sure you know exactly what you are doing, but it just looks a little daunting. Steps include "click the next button" and "check to see if you want to agree to sending data to google, it's up to you" (clearly not direct quotes). Really, the steps are very simple don't worry :)
  6. Nelien

Nelien Well-Known Member

7. Nelien

Nelien Well-Known Member

So.. when are we seeing YOUR home screens ;)
  8. oniongirl

Uhhhhhm... when I do something with them? :D They're about as bland and boring as you can imagine :)

Would love to see other people's efforts though so I can steal ideas. I can't even organise my app icons into similar screens, though I have managed to make one my game screen..
  9. huntington

huntington Member

Mine is pretty boring but I just want to test out the screen shots :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tron 1080p trailer look fantastic on Nexus OLED :eek:
    [​IMG]
  10. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member

May I ask what clock widget this is?
  11. choffy21

choffy21 Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets.
  12. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

13. JSchu22

14. shizzy1427

Ha, yeah sorry. As you can see he posted 1 minute before me. It happened while i was posting. In forum land we call that ninja'd!
  15. JSchu22

No prob, I just felt like pulling a diversion out to distract away from my question.
  16. shizzy1427

Yeah, sorry if i sounded like an ass, that same question got asked sooo many times in the same thread it was crazy. Like 3 or 4 times on the same page of the thread even, people seriously couldnt even read the post or two above their own?! Sheesh
  17. JSchu22

Oh I understand, don't worry about it.

I do like that widget though. I have the first version but I wonder if I can save it to my card and download the newer one.
  18. Nelien

Nelien Well-Known Member

Cool! What's the name of that clock widget?

Joking! :D But I was about to ask that same question before I read your replies :). Thankfully I DO read replies.. ;)

@JSchu22: Nice upload anyway, it really is amazing how good quality video you watch on the N1.. I just can't fathom it's "just a phone"... :)
  19. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

anyone know of a screen wide, but only 1 app tall weather widget? the Weather Channel and Weather Bug Widgets suck... Looking for a 5 day weather widget that spans across the entire screen, but only take up 1 row worth of height... hope that makes sense...
  20. shizzy1427

Weather Widgets is good and they have a donate version with more features called Weather Widget Donate. Looks like this [​IMG]

And Weather Forecast widget v2 by Francois Deslandes looks like this one [​IMG]
  21. shizzy1427

you should be able to, i think the app is called apps2sd or something like that.
  22. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

any apps that allow to take a screenshot right from the phone?
  23. oniongirl

I've seen a couple but they all require root access. Enjoy searching apps for "screenshot", you'll be bombarded with stupid themes.
  24. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

there are, but you have to have root, and im doubting they work on 2.1...

oniongirl beat me to it...
  25. shizzy1427

Home++ is a home replacement that lets you take screenshots from the phone.