• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post your phonecases!

i got the samsung shell with kickstand

20121201_211518 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

20121201_211534 by Ceva321, on Flickr

20121201_211557 copy by Ceva321, on Flickr

This is the same one I got. Very minimalistic, and I love the kickstand that can sit the phone horizontal or vertical. I do sit it horizontal more often than vertical though.

At the same time, the shell is very minimal. Not much protection top or bottom. I was tempted to look for another case that may be a little better. Don't know what I am going to get though, as now a kickstand is very useful to me.

Reactions: ScandaLeX
Upvote 0
I just ordered this one off of Ebay. I love it!! It should be here next week & I'll post my thoughts on it.

$T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke5MmBQgwJyG1GQ~~60_12.JPG

I am SOOOOOOOOO disappointed!!! I finally got this case today & it is minimal. It only goes around the sides, no coverage on the top, bottom or corners. :(
I really, really, really liked this case but it's useless for me. I know I'll drop my phone at some point & when that happens there will be no protection. The picture looked like it covered all sides but I should have looked into it more before I ordered it. :(

Upvote 0
Does anyone know where I can get a case that also has a hard clear cover on the front? I've been trying to find something that encases the whole phone. I'm mostly worried about the screen and for some reason I can never apply a screen protector that doesn't look like a 2 year old slapped it on with saran wrap and spit.

The Otterbox Defender case is the only case that I know of that encases the whole phone.

I wish there was another one because Otterbox is taking its sweet time releasing it for the Note II.

Upvote 0
ape6enun.jpg

I got the Zenus Lettering Flip case for when I am going to throw it in my purse. I use the white soft case when I'm home. I slide my driver's license in it so I can just grab my phone to run my daughter to the bus stop in the morning. I also got the white OEM flip case but probably won't use it much. Maybe for dressy occasions when I'm carrying a little dressy purse that would probably only hold my N2. :)

Upvote 0
It's official, my Spigen illuzion has arrived and it is awesome.

I do slightly miss having the foldable back, but I didn't use it as often as I thought I would anyway and I have a stand of sorts from my iPhone / iPad that will work out well for me.

That being said, the quality is obvious compared to the ZuGadget case I had. When I put my phone into this thing, it made an audible snap into it's little holster area, whereas the ZuGadget never did. The credit card spaces are much nicer as they're sewn, not cut, into the side of the case.

All-in-all, so far I definitely recommend.

Only downside is that I got used to how easy it was to open the ZuGadget since it was magnetic (though as you all have probably seen some people have issues with those, I wasn't having any problems). This Spigen has a button, but I'll get used to that soon enough. It's nice to know it's secure!

Upvote 0

I do slightly miss having the foldable back, but I didn't use it as often as I thought I would anyway and I have a stand of sorts from my iPhone / iPad that will work out well for me.

That being said, the quality is obvious compared to the ZuGadget case I had. When I put my phone into this thing, it made an audible snap into it's little holster area, whereas the ZuGadget never did. The credit card spaces are much nicer as they're sewn, not cut, into the side of the case.

Only downside is that I got used to how easy it was to open the ZuGadget since it was magnetic (though as you all have probably seen some people have issues with those, I wasn't having any problems). This Spigen has a button, but I'll get used to that soon enough. It's nice to know it's secure!

What, no pic?

Upvote 0

Cant wait to see a picture if possible, so happy that you got it fast

Upvote 0
rTszw.jpg

c1bw1.jpg

elgav.jpg

Sorry guys, I had no access to my camera as i was out if the house right after the case came. :) I wanted to be sure I had pictures with the phone in the case. :)

Enjoy!

iPhone 4s is officially going up on eBay tonight, woot!

That looks very nice.

btw, word of advice on the iPhone 4S sale, be extremely careful of buyers that have very few items purchased and/or feedback. I almost fell into a scam, when selling my family member's iphone 4s...should've reported the ESN (but forgot to write the complete ESN down before selling). Luckily, ebay seller protection is awesome, but just wanted to throw it out there as a word of caution.

Reactions: Alice Kaye
Upvote 0
That looks very nice.

btw, word of advice on the iPhone 4S sale, be extremely careful of buyers that have very few items purchased and/or feedback. I almost fell into a scam, when selling my family member's iphone 4s...should've reported the ESN (but forgot to write the complete ESN down before selling). Luckily, ebay seller protection is awesome, but just wanted to throw it out there as a word of caution.

I'm leaving it up to my husband to sell. He's a crazy eBayer and is constantly selling stuff on there. :) I can't even BUY stuff on there apparently, because they never ship my damn items! I think after I get a Molang case, I am forever done with eBay. She had 99.9% great feedback too... I'm going to tarnish that if it doesn't come. >>;

But thanks for the advice! :)

Upvote 0
I'm leaving it up to my husband to sell. He's a crazy eBayer and is constantly selling stuff on there. :) I can't even BUY stuff on there apparently, because they never ship my damn items! I think after I get a Molang case, I am forever done with eBay. She had 99.9% great feedback too... I'm going to tarnish that if it doesn't come. >>;

But thanks for the advice! :)

No worries. After that one bad experience, I'm really hesitant to sell smartphones through ebay and have made it a point to throwing caution to the wind to all other members on Phandroid forums. I've had perfect experiences in the past, but the iPhone is a completely different story (since it's such a hot selling item, even when used). From what I understand, ebay has increased the level of security for selling/buying cellphones since then, but crooks always seem to find a way to get around stuff.

Upvote 0
My fellow SGN2 brethren, today I witnessed a traumatic event. My brother dropped his SG3 from the car door today after a trip to IKEA (ironically I was NFCing him links to cases while he proclaimed "I don't need one of those, I'm never going to drop him). Despite exclaiming a loud "I TOLD YOU SO!" instead I was crushed with grief. He literally got the phone less than a month ago, but the screen was absolutely demolished. What made me feel terrible is that he just got me the SGN2 maybe a week ago as an early birthday/Christmas gift for me since I'm just starting my own business.

Now to the point of this anecdote:
I haven't read too much about the SGN2 screen breaking, (whereas I've read nearly 30 pages of complaints regarding the screen on the SG3). But as I've said; I'm now terrified of breaking the screen with a 3ft drop. I ordered the OtterBox Commuter hastily as it was available before the Defender, but now I'm wondering if that will be enough to protect it from any kind of drop. I may just order both cases and see what happens (the cost of both cases is still $25 less than a SquareTrade warranty, and there's no deductible). I've dropped my old iPhone 4 probably 10 times since it came out and the OtterBox has served me well, but it was a Defender series, and it's let me use the phone worry free. I'm just wondering if the Commuter will give me the same piece of mind as the Defender.

Reactions: MISS DIVA
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones