• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Preventing phone from interrupting music

RVDowning

Dec 8, 2012
I have a Samsung Galaxy M51

When running and listening to music I get interrupted by phone calls. I have it muted, and even have notifications turned off. But it seems that having the Amazon Music app open causes the phone to disregard the mute setting and stops the music. Any way to prevent the phone from ringing?

so on my z fold 4 i can change the exceptions for Do Not Disturb. i can exclude calls,messages and conversations. you can take calls off of the list. you can even pick which contacts to include with DND (all, contacts only, favorites contacts only, or none)

settings>notifications>Do Not Disturb>scroll down to exceptions>calls,messages, and conversations.

it might be different on your phone, but you should have similar options.

Upvote 0
Under settings for "Do not disturb" there is a section for exceptions, than says "Calls, messages, and conversations." I would presume that "Calls" means phone, and I have indicated no exceptions. It would seem to me that the setting is not being honored.
if you select calls, you will go more options.....select all for all incoming calls

Upvote 0
Well, "All" didn't work, so I have set it back to "None." The only difference I notice when using Do Not Disturb is that the sound is of the old fashioned phone kind of ringing instead of one's ringtone. But it still rings through and interrupts the music. Maybe I need Sound turned off at the same time.

Upvote 0
Oh. I've been buying songs since the glory days of iOS 6 and Android 2.3. I have accumulated over 2,000 MP3s from the days of BearShare/Napster to the legal versions today that I amassed with Amazon MP3 (back when it was called that).

The concept of the 'cloud' and 'subscription-based music' is alien to me. But then I go in a lot of areas where there is NO SERVICE and would otherwise have no music to enjoy if I relied on those.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Oh. I've been buying songs since the glory days of iOS 6 and Android 2.3. I have accumulated over 2,000 MP3s from the days of BearShare/Napster to the legal versions today that I amassed with Amazon MP3 (back when it was called that).

The concept of the 'cloud' and 'subscription-based music' is alien to me. But then I go in a lot of areas where there is NO SERVICE and would otherwise have no music to enjoy if I relied on those.

I have about 900 MP3s, but have played them so many times while running that I wanted more variety.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones