• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem syncing Facebook contacts

tiring_day

Mar 16, 2010
Hi

When I try to sync Facebook contacts either by adding the accounts on the Contacts screen or by going to "Accounts & sync" Facebook appears as an option but when pressed just goes back to accounts without adding the contacts.

I have tried re-installing Facebook, changed the email accounts associated with the facebook account to her gmail one (just in case). Has anyone managed to do this or had a problem like this they solved?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Try the simple thing first....

1. Remove the account from the Settings->Accounts & Sync

2. Re-add it (it will ask you to login with the e-mail address and password associated with your Facebook Account).

3. Then go to your "People" app and do a refresh using the icon in the row across the bottom (the one with the refresh circle on it).

That worked for me...at least once.

If that doesn't work for you...next try changing the frequency with which your phone syncs with Facebook...see HERE.

Also, THIS GUY says forcing individual Facebook contacts to synch on a one-by-one basis sometimes helps.

Finally, are you using a Facebook App on your phone (vs. just the mobile site)? If so, which one are you using (e.g., official one, v1.5.0 is most current)?

Upvote 0
Hi Astrobill

Thanks for the reply, I totally managed to miss it until now. Howver none of the above helps as I am unable to add Facebook to the accounts and Sync at all so unable to remove and re-add. Yes the latest facebook is on the phone and have even tried removing and re-adding it. Is just a very weird fault as when I go to add the account it gives Facebook as an option but when I make the selection it just goes back to Accounts and Sync page.

It's not a big deal as my wife is happy with the way it is working as I sync'd contact photos with something I cant remember the name of but would like to get it to work.

Thanks

Steve

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones