• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems with google voice

If you long press the bottom right capacitive button (looks like a magnifying glass) a microphone box will pop up. When it does say "find coffee" (or whatever) and it will pull up your google maps and show you all of the coffer asps around your current location.

My search button from the home screen has never worked that way. It's always been an internet search. There may be an option somewhere to make Maps the default but I can't find it. Otherwise, you can open G Maps, and do a text or voice search there to get what you want.

Upvote 0
I think you missed the long press part.

Actually I did see that. Short press brings up a search screen and keyboard. Long press for me brings up the Speak Now screen. What I did discover though is if I say "locate xxx" it goes directly into a map search. If I just ask a question or say the name of an object it does a Google internet search.

So, try saying "locate" first and see if that does what you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones