• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ps3 tethering problem?

Chromal

Lurker
Sep 3, 2013
I for the life of me can't figure this out. I have Hotspot on my LG motion and can watch Netflix while using my ps3 to connect to the phone. Unfortunately I can't download any ps3 updates, games, apps anything. It sits at 0% and won't do anything. Would anyone have any idea on what I can do? Metro tells me it's my ps3 but if I take it to someone's house that has cable Internet o can connect to their wifi with the ps3 and download whatever so it's not my ps3.

I for the life of me can't figure this out. I have Hotspot on my LG motion and can watch Netflix while using my ps3 to connect to the phone. Unfortunately I can't download any ps3 updates, games, apps anything. It sits at 0% and won't do anything. Would anyone have any idea on what I can do? Metro tells me it's my ps3 but if I take it to someone's house that has cable Internet o can connect to their wifi with the ps3 and download whatever so it's not my ps3.

All Sony gaming devices require UPnP to work properly, most wireless routers and gateways have this feature.. Not sure if a tethered motion does...

Upvote 0
Tested this out a couple weeks ago when my internet got cut off. I was able to download the update for Black ops 2 at around 4am. So I think it's on both sides. If it doesn't start updating within the first couple of seconds, its not going to update. I figured out that its a problem with network congestion (metro side) mixed with PS server problems. The PSN went down last week for maintenance in my area. Things are better now. Try and Download late at night, or early in the morning. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones