• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Question :p

I've used the pouch since October 2008 until about a week ago. It was starting to get loose, the phone was starting to slide out too easily.

A couple months back I got an invisible shield for just the screen, didn't want scratches. I'm glad I did because my phone seems to get little bits of...well...gravel on the screen sometimes. I think it must just be a hazard of having it at the gym with me, the machines and weights, or dirt from people's shoes or something.

Since the soft case that came with it has gotten loose , I ordered this grippy case made by body glove. For those interested, I got it at amazon, and it comes with a swivel clip, but also has the ability to remove the clip and put a spacer in so that there's not a large hole in the back. Speaking of, the back is flat, I know sometimes when there's a swivel clip they raise that area a little, but in this case you don't have to worry about that.

The case has sort of a funky look to it, but I think it looks bad in the photos. This is a hard case that snaps onto the g1. It's two pieces, one for the back and one for the front/screen so it still can slide so you can get to the keyboard.

It has a rubberized feel, but is NOT like those silicone cases that attract dust, dirt, and lint.

Here it is, I think I might've gotten it at the same price.

The only two cons I can think of so far is that it does make the phone slightly bigger overall, and that because of this and the rubberized feel, it does sometimes have trouble getting into some small pockets -- like those small tool pockets on the right side of painter/carpenter style jeans. But a tighter fit in your pocket might be a pro as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones