• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recently got mytouch 3g...

Deluded

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
And it was a PITA to bypass the google activation. First the phone was locked, then the APN settings wouldn't work.

Anyway, got it all working with my prepaid t-mobile account. Android v is currently 1.5.

However, before I root it and upgrade it, I would like to install some sort of app or rom or something in case I reset the phone again in the future, I wont need to borrow my friend's AT&T sim card in order to bypass the google activation.

How would I go about it? What do I need to do?

I did a google search, but most of them were related to people trying to bypass activation on verizon mytouch, etcetc. Can you guys help?

Also, how would I go about to upgrading the android to 2.2? Do I need to incrementally upgrade to 1.6 and then 2.1 to 2.2?

Thanks fellas.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones