• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommend Lock Screen App

Disabling the home button unlock is an option buried in the menus of Widget Locker (I think unless they've changed it recently) that was set default as enabled.

If you use a pattern security lock, then you will have to go through 2 screens. Swipe to open from Widget Locker screen, and then enter you pattern on the standard lockscreen.

Upvote 0
uploadfromtaptalk1371507327404.jpg

Upvote 0
Ah right. I probably used it while i still used Go Launcher mate. Then i found Nova and never looked back lol.
Tbh i dont even use a lockscreen now and i have "touch to wake" set up so as soon as i touch the screen, it turns on. I use a flip case when its in my pocket so its a nice setup for me. I dont use a computer so im a heavy phone user :)

Reactions: Yesevil
Upvote 0
Not sure if this is related to the home button issue some are having, but check to see if your lock options in the phone settings are the issue. Goto Menu>System Settings>Lock Screen. There are 2 options, the first is "Lock automatically" and I have this set to "Immediately" so the phone will lock as soon as the screen shuts off. I forget what the standard timeout is but it's not the immediately option. The second is "Lock instantly with power key". Check this to activate so every time you use the power button to turn off the screen it locks.

I have both of these settings active on my phone, and do not have the home unlock issue. I thought there was an option to disable it, but if the selection that funkylogik shows above doesn't work, then I can't find another setting in WL to disable.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is related to the home button issue some are having, but check to see if your lock options in the phone settings are the issue. Goto Menu>System Settings>Lock Screen. There are 2 options, the first is "Lock automatically" and I have this set to "Immediately" so the phone will lock as soon as the screen shuts off. I forget what the standard timeout is but it's not the immediately option. The second is "Lock instantly with power key". Check this to activate so every time you use the power button to turn off the screen it locks.

I have both of these settings active on my phone, and do not have the home unlock issue. I thought there was an option to disable it, but if the selection that funkylogik shows above doesn't work, then I can't find another setting in WL to disable.
svensett, Just noticed that you may be using a custom ROM? I don't have those options in my stock settings. If so, then that supports my previous observation that custom ROMs can be exempt from these issues.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones