• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery for commando

do someone have update.zip file, the official ones?
so i can update via this custom recovery
still on froyo
Don't try to use the Verizon updates through GNM's recovery, When you do and your phone restarts, you get constant messages that say that core system utilites need force closing, but here's the .dat file for M080:
https://dl11.innopath.com/prod/v1/fota/6972396.dat?j=171143378&m=1&j=2tw72q
you can find the websites for all of them if you have a failed update (if I remember right) in /data/data/com.innopath.activecare

Reactions: supercommando
Upvote 0
@ paxchristos- No, never tried, but that could work. No idea about the checksum, either. If you wanted to try to apply the update with stock un-spoofed recovery, you have to blank out parts that check for VZNavigator.apk and wGzWeatherWidget.apk (unless you didn't go on a total debloat rampage) or it won't even attempt to update. (this might go with all updates, so flashing the old recovery with the new .dat right after it downloads the original .dat file and then letting it update might let you get away with it, one could also make a M100 update with the Superuser.apk and su command in the update, thus giving you root with M100)

Upvote 0
@ paxchristos- No, never tried, but that could work. No idea about the checksum, either. If you wanted to try to apply the update with stock un-spoofed recovery, you have to blank out parts that check for VZNavigator.apk and wGzWeatherWidget.apk (unless you didn't go on a total debloat rampage) or it won't even attempt to update. (this might go with all updates, so flashing the old recovery with the new .dat right after it downloads the original .dat file and then letting it update might let you get away with it, one could also make a M100 update with the Superuser.apk and su command in the update, thus giving you root with M100)

You just have to remove the first 1130 lines or so... they're the checks :p (at least in M070)

Does the M080 update have a radio.diff file in the bin (zip) archive?

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Please read this very carefully. I do not think you understand what I am asking.

No. The zip file that I downloaded "recoveryflash.zip" contains these files: busybox, dump_image, flash_image, README, reboot, and recoveryflash.sh.

The instructions say: Place the recovery.img you downloaded in this folder in /sdcard/recoveryflash and then turn off sdcard as mass storage . (Do not rename the recovery.img from the download)

So! Here is the question again. There is not a file called recovery.img in the recoveryflash folder created by unzipping the recoveryflash.zip AND it says to place that file into /sdcard/recoveryflash. That in an of itself tells me it is not in the folder if I have to place it (recovery.img) in the same folder.

Upvote 0
I lurked the all in one recovery thread by getitnowmarketing until I found the answer. I think I might have asked for it.

What now? Create a nand backup, and go to work f***ing up your phone knowing that you can always restore your nand. If something says -warning! May cause boot loops- go for it, cause you can revert back to your backup

Well, hopefully, that will never happen. If it does get caught in a boot loop, which I have never seen thankfully, what would one do? I guess what I am asking is should I have USB debugging always on so when I plug connect to my pc, I would be able to activate the restore?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones