• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

remote mouse/keyboard for mac with zoom

lifeonmtv

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2010
I downloaded a good app to control the keyboard and mouse in my mac. It's called remoteDroid. IT does what it says. But I'd like to be able to zoom in and out me the screen like when I use I wireless mouse and keyboard. Anyone know any apps that can do this?

Hi, yes I would love this functionality and would happily pay for it. I have a very high res screen which means than when 4 or 5 meters back (to watch or brows content) I cannot read the system menus as it is to small.

I use gpad which is brilliant for nearly everything, it even allows you to create your own remotes (for programs like vlc and itunes). I thought that this would have cracked it as the menu allows you to use ctrl alt and even command modifier keys and you can use the scroll feature on the trackpad at the same time. Sadly it does not zoom the screen even though all the right commands are supposedly being sent. I guess it withholds the option command signal until another key (such as 'h' - hiding the current application) is pressed.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to zoom the mac screen with an android device would be very much met with digital hugs!

v

Upvote 0
yep i eventually resorted to using teamviewer, problem with it is that it chokes if you're watching a movie on your laptop and try to control it remotely, the video stream can make it lag a lot. It is the only alternative i found (instead of zooming in and out of the actual remote screen, it loads the whole screen on your phone and you can browse from there zoom in out click etc).

i've now also set up VLC on my laptop and tweaked a VLC Remote app using tasker to create the ultimate multimedia remote (literally, does everything i need it to do, pretty much acts like the media remote that comes with macs).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones