Repost? Can't believe no one posted this article about iPhone owners.

Last Updated:

1. Roq

Roq Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

lol actually that was ALL about ipad owners. it doesn't even say iphone once in that article.

Roq likes this.
  3. Roq

Thanks grand slam slugger :D:eek:

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

From TFA:

5. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

...lmao classic!

EarlyMon likes this.
  6. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Oh, you liked that?

OK. Again from TFA:

So, I just remembered exactly which toob had caught my fancy that night. Believe it because I defecate you negative, it was this one:

Hey - don't look at me.

7. LoyalServant

LoyalServant Well-Known Member

I think it does extend to iPhone users.
    Every person I know with an iPhone has such tendencies.

When kids were jumping off rooftops over those things their response was that they simply did not care.

I still maintain the average iFan has no empathy.

8. J03

J03 Well-Known Member

Although the author tries to sound unbiased there are way too many iphone loving statements in this "study". Take these two for instance:

Really? You mean those who spent $600-$900 on an oversized ipod touch aren't likely to criticize it? This is a revolutionary conclusion.

"critics-who-are-a-test-drive-away-from-being-fans" Here the author is implying that the only reason anyone criticizes the ipad is because they have never tried one. Apparently if you go to the apple store and "test drive" one you WILL become a fan.

This guy and this article are a joke.

9. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

"This guy and this article are a joke."

That's because he is a selfish elitist.

EarlyMon likes this.
  10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Um, no. My opinion is based on what it is lacking, such as flash, usb port, real multitasking, having to use the horror that is itunes to transfer something as simple as a word document.

Highly educated? Is that why they go for an inferior device?

They may be highly educated, but they are definitely not smart.

11. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

I bought an iPad and returned it a few days later. While it is nice, there is no denying that it REALLY doesn't have a use yet. It's like the awkward middle child in the Apple family.

12. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I clearly am not an average iFan then, and am now an iPhone owner you know without those tenancies. I volunteer at the local Humane Society every week with the cats, I'm helping with an American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure fundraiser this Saturday, and I'm doing a big motorcycle ride next month to try to raise money for the Cure JM Foundation. Then again, I pretty much hate Apple and how they do business, and can't wait to get rid of my iPhone to get an Android phone, so there you go.

13. Hrethgir

I work at Intel, and from many of the engineers I've met over the years, those two things are DEFINITELY mutually exclusive! They may be able to engineer multi-core 32nm processors, but have no idea what to do if they get a flat tire or how to troubleshoot a simple tool problem.

14. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

half agree, i am getting an android pad as soon as a decent one comes out (maybe samsung one), but again not the way the ipad does it.

15. hemmadroid

hemmadroid Member

Yes, I had one for a while. First, the good points: It is quiet, runs cool, is easy to carry and has a nice display. The bad: It is heavy and clumsy to hold while reading in bed, it is slow, it will not run the videos on C-Net or the video on a Lexus commercial. I could not wait to bring it back, happily paying a $64 restocking fee to get rid of it.

16. Roq

I think that these highly educated apple fans can be described like this: Someone who is successful, and has a college degree. They love the feeling of being the best, better than most. You don't have to be wise or smart to be educated. Anyone can breeze through an English or Communication degree and be called educated.

With big ego's and extra money (or a credit card) they want to have the best they can afford of everything, so through Apple's marketing they have convinced most people that their products are simply the best. Without question these people buy Apple products 'knowing' that they just purchased the best product in it's class.

Just like most religious people (I'm going to get it now:eek:), they cannot possibly see themselves as being wrong in their belief that Apple makes the best electronic devices ever to exist on this planet. They were so confident in their purchase of the iPad/iPhone, they were so excited! To be proven wrong wouldn't just be a shrug of their shoulders, it would be an entire collapse of their ego and who they are. Thats why people get so nuts and crazy when you try to prove that their iPhone can't do what your Blackberry/Palm/Android phone can do.

You are arguing with someone that has religious like feelings about their purchase decision. You cannot prove them otherwise.
    :cool:

17. LoyalServant

Then your not an iFan, are you?
    iFans love Apple unconditionally, if you hate them then your not one.
    So I really don't understand your response.

18. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

They believe that Steve Jobs is the One we've been waiting for.

19. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

haha this guy at my work has an ipad and he carries it around like a damn clipboard. It looks so stupid

20. Hrethgir

Because if you own an iPhone, iPod or iPad, then you get automatically labled an "IFan." Kind of like how you said:

I have an iPhone, and I don't have those tendencies. Then you basically call iPhone owners iFans. Does my response make more sense now?

21. fried

fried Well-Known Member

What's superior or inferior is almost always a matter of opinion and whether you make an educated decision or not when it comes to buying one particular product, it has almost zero bearing on how smart you are generally.

I don't own any Apple products, but a moderator shouldn't really be perpetuating such nonsense.

22. kibble

kibble Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this statement. Whether someone is or isn't a moderator should have no bearing on whether they're entitled to an opinion or not. Moderators should still be allowed to voice their opinions; their main duty (speaking as a mod in other forums) is to make sure that things don't get out of hand... and clean spam...

23. LoyalServant

Nope.
    I have an iPhone... it's a conversational piece.
    I use it as a paperweight (yes, it sits on my desk and actually HOLDS papers because a ceiling fan would blow them away)

I don't like Apple stuff, or how they conduct themselves.
    So, I am not a fanboy by a longshot.

So, again.. what are you talking about?
    Are you just trying to argue with me?

24. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Yes it does to me. There is a difference between an iPhone user and an iFan. I think thats what what LoyalServant was getting at. Although u can love a product and not be a fanatic about it. One can also hate a product and be an anti-fanatic about it.

U, from the posts in this thread, I would call an iPhone user. An iFan would be one who saw nothing wrong with the Apple antenna campaign, one who claims the iPhone is sooo innovative when there are phones that had things way before the iPhone did. But once the iPhone gets them its innovative.

An iFan claims everyone else is playing catch up, when in reality the iPhone is playing catch up on a few features other phones had for years.

So no, I wouldnt call u an iFan. An Apple, iPhone user is totally different from an Apple, iPhone fanatic. Same for Android, Windows, etc.

I love Windows, I use Vista...lol (XP mostly tho. Vista is there as a learning curve for Win 7.) I cant say I hate Apple products, I never used them. I hate some of Apple's business practices, prices. And Apple definitely went down on my list after this whole antenna sham.