• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Android 2.2 FroYo - Brought to you by MDW (OC & Flash 10.1!)

Well with all the problems and lag that i've read about I will just stick with Nexbeast till this is more stable. Nice to have so fast though.

I just got back to bone stock 2.1 unrooted. And the stock 2.1 is still much smoother and snappy than that 2.2 that was just leaked. I can do without flash for another few weeks or months whatever it ends up being.

Upvote 0
Well with all the problems and lag that i've read about I will just stick with Nexbeast till this is more stable. Nice to have so fast though.

Aside from the WiFi problem, I think this runs nearly as fast as CM with LauncherPro. I'll stick with it for a few days until CM or Pete port this to a new ROM. MFLOPS are higher than CM FWIW.

Upvote 0
Hey guys...Mine is running super slow after sync and reboot. Also, all of my apps where installed somehow...I think I had Appbrain or something, but I can not find it. I want to reinstall, but I want to get rid of Appbrain...Anyone know where it's located? Or could it have been Titanium (free version)?

**EDIT** Trying a few battery pulls first just to be sure...

Issue still persists...Any ideas? I'll try a reinstall just for fun to see if that fixes it...

Additional info : Installed via SPR, Wiped 3 times, etc...

Upvote 0
While I don't know a ton about it, my Quadrant score is a 762, putting me in between Galaxy S and N1 <2.2. Not bad, but once we get an OC kernel, hopefully it'll get even higher.
Droid Life seems to be up to 800Mhz and is getting significantly better:
Download: Android 2.2 for Motorola Droid | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

Edit: just realized the kernel goes to 800, hmm.
Benchmarks reaching near 13 MFLOPS!

Oh man, just ran it again once I SetCPU to 800 and got a 1021! (regular Droid <on 2.1 presumably> sits at 300)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones