• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][FINAL] CM7 7.2 RC1 - g60 style [7.11.12]

Also another thing I've noticed even back on tickerguys build is that when downloading something, the downloading icon stays grey all the time
But after an app had downloaded from the market but is installing the icons is animated like its supposed to be. Is this normal in cm7 or just on this phones build of it?

As I get used to the programming side of things, I might look into the "res" files and see if there is a "done" pic.

edit: It's not in /android_frameworks_base/blob/gingerbread/packages/SystemUI/res/

Upvote 0
Honestly,the random reboots are driving me insane. I switched back to MIUI because of it and here's the thing; It's still happening. I just got a replacement phone from VM due to a faulty charging port, still the same issue.

It seems, at least for me, to mainly happen when i'm downloading something through both Wi-Fi and 3G.
I'm starting to think that the hardware on this phone is simply flawed to a serious degree.

However, I could be wrong.

I've factory wiped, cache/Dalvik wiped, went back to stock, did it all over again, didn't restore any apps with TB as whyzor cautioned against it, installed all apps from scratch, Etc, Etc. Nothing seems to help, and that's why i'm leaning towards hardware issues.

I have trouble believing that the gifted developers on this forum would be making a mistake that size, But I have no doubt that Virgin Mobile would.

It sucks, because this phone has so much potential. At this point, even if the new phones that VM releases this year are less powerful, i'm going to get one just to have a phone that works.

Upvote 0
Honestly,the random reboots are driving me insane. I switched back to MIUI because of it and here's the thing; It's still happening. I just got a replacement phone from VM due to a faulty charging port, still the same issue.

It seems, at least for me, to mainly happen when i'm downloading something through both Wi-Fi and 3G.
I'm starting to think that the hardware on this phone is simply flawed to a serious degree.

However, I could be wrong.

I've factory wiped, cache/Dalvik wiped, went back to stock, did it all over again, didn't restore any apps with TB as whyzor cautioned against it, installed all apps from scratch, Etc, Etc. Nothing seems to help, and that's why i'm leaning towards hardware issues.

I have trouble believing that the gifted developers on this forum would be making a mistake that size, But I have no doubt that Virgin Mobile would.

It sucks, because this phone has so much potential. At this point, even if the new phones that VM releases this year are less powerful, i'm going to get one just to have a phone that works.

A rouge app can cause random reboots. Also, changing the clock speed, voltage and governor can cause it too. I would start by adding an app at a time with, enough time in between, to see if the app is the cause.

Upvote 0
Also, to let everyone know, I've reported the Wifi dropping after deep sleep bug. I'm not trying to bother g60madman, just trying to give a progress update (that it is known to exist). If you guys find some bugs that you can confirm are bugs, (if you're not sure, Google, and later ask first) and if the bug can be confirmed, it can be reported to the bug tracker.

Reactions: g60madman
Upvote 0
Also, if anybody can confirm any of the reported (but not assigned) bugs at:
My View - MantisBT
It may be of help to report that here. Or, sign up for the bug tracker and say that the bug effects you as well. That is, if that's OK with g60madman, as in he approves this. It's his bug tracker, and I'm afraid that some people will abuse it to ask questions or whine about the bug. (Just confirming the bug, like I do on Launchpad with Ubuntu, should be okay, as that should help when more bugs are found). Remember, we should be thankful that g60madman and others like mantera, Whyzor, and tickerguy are/were doing all of this hard work. If it weren't for them, the Triumph would have a non-functioning GPS, an ancient version of Android, and be full of bloat. A formal thank you I feel like I owe these guys, and I do not mean to sound like a suck-up. But they have done so much. But as I said before, I can help, but I lack programming knowledge, and do not own the project.

Upvote 0
Also, if anybody can confirm any of the reported (but not assigned) bugs at:
My View - MantisBT
It may be of help to report that here. Or, sign up for the bug tracker and say that the bug effects you as well. That is, if that's OK with g60madman, as in he approves this. It's his bug tracker, and I'm afraid that some people will abuse it to ask questions or whine about the bug. (Just confirming the bug, like I do on Launchpad with Ubuntu, should be okay, as that should help when more bugs are found). Remember, we should be thankful that g60madman and others like mantera, Whyzor, and tickerguy are/were doing all of this hard work. If it weren't for them, the Triumph would have a non-functioning GPS, an ancient version of Android, and be full of bloat. A formal thank you I feel like I owe these guys, and I do not mean to sound like a suck-up. But they have done so much. But as I said before, I can help, but I lack programming knowledge, and do not own the project.

I appreciate the words :) I am sure all the devs do!! However by no means do I own the project, if you happen to find fixes or feel like building and adding to the code please feel free. I have full documentation on building it based on Matera's and Whyzor's merged code. This is community ROM which stands to reason everyone should lend a hand if they can. :D

Reactions: MikeRL
Upvote 0
Somebody has to do something about that documentation for building. Precise Pangolin (Ubuntu 12.04, the next LTS release) is very close to coming out. The documentation is for Ubuntu 10.04. Luckily, I have Precise installed on both my laptop and desktop. I will try and right some new instructions for building on Precise 64 bit, and send you a message with the contents if I can, g60madman.

Upvote 0
Somebody has to do something about that documentation for building. Precise Pangolin (Ubuntu 12.04, the next LTS release) is very close to coming out. The documentation is for Ubuntu 10.04. Luckily, I have Precise installed on both my laptop and desktop. I will try and right some new instructions for building on Precise 64 bit, and send you a message with the contents if I can, g60madman.

The instructions I have are based off of google. While there is newer versions of Ubuntu, 10.04 64bit is recommended by google.

Initializing a Build Environment | Android Open Source

Reactions: MikeRL
Upvote 0
At the OP's request, posts regarding more general CM7-related issues have been moved to a new thread: [DEV] CM7 Building & Development.
Thanks for reminding me. Also thanks to g60madman. Although I lack programming knowledge, once I teach myself, hopefully you'll see me making commits to a ROM like this one day... But for now, I'll just report bugs and suggest features.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones