• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][OA]2.3.20 [Final] [EXT4 + RFS] [Updated: 09/23/12]

Nah you can delete the stock browser safely without messing anything up. Try restoring your APN and see if it works then

I was going to flash the Metro mms.zip file in the OP that metro needs for mms to work but I had forgotten I hadn't downloaded it. Now I do have a backup of my APNs that I did restore, yet mms and Browser data don't work... :/ I hadn't mentioned previously because i barely use my browser ... only to download Roms or Upgrade.zips and when the update for this Rom was released, that's when I found out ....

Can try toggling airplane mode perhaps?

Tried many many many many many many times to no good outcome :/

Yeah, nope. Dolphin and Stock Browser still don't work. Data wise, other apps work fine. I still get email notifications and facebook notifications just fine.

Yes exactly! Same problem here... like now I'm using Tapatalk fine, data's actually really fast too.. but my poor lil browsers like the little engine that could but... didn't.

Upvote 0
I was going to flash the Metro mms.zip file in the OP that metro needs for mms to work but I had forgotten I hadn't downloaded it. Now I do have a backup of my APNs that I did restore, yet mms and Browser data don't work... :/ I hadn't mentioned previously because i barely use my browser ... only to download Roms or Upgrade.zips and when the update for this Rom was released, that's when I found out ....

Tried many many many many many many times to no good outcome :/

Yes exactly! Same problem here... like now I'm using Tapatalk fine, data's actually really fast too.. but my poor lil browsers like the little engine that could but... didn't.

That's weird because even my first time flashing the rom I didn't have any problems with the stock browser not working. But yeah flash the mpcs mms fix and see if it works then

Upvote 0
I'm too lazy to have to go back to an old backup just to download :/ I just got my phone looking reeeeeally snazzy!

Then back up your current rom, too. When you go into CWM, you can then restore the old one, get online and download the APN zip, then go back in and restore the new one your using now. When you make a backup, its named after the time and date you made it, so look for that.

Upvote 0
Then back up your current rom, too. When you go into CWM, you can then restore the old one, get online and download the APN zip, then go back in and restore the new one your using now. When you make a backup, its named after the time and date you made it, so look for that.

Lolz that made me tired just reading instructions :p hahaha jkjk ill do it and see if it fixes my problem

Upvote 0

Update: I tried this and to no availability. My browser still doesn't work :/

Upvote 0
my admire freezes and vibrates on boot sometimes. then if it does boot it will start vibrating and freezes up not long after booting. I used voltage control and set to 800mhz. still freezes and vibrates. =( I reflashed at least 5 times now. Any suggestions?

I ran into one other person with this issue, and I was hoping that clocking the CPU down to 800Mhz on boot would solve the problem, but in his case, it has not as well.
Out of curiosity: what baseband revision are you on?

My only suggestion would be to completely flash back to stock using Su's CWM and restore to stock values, then try redownloading cwm5.0.2.8 and my ROM and flash again.
Unfortunately, with it being such a rare case, and the fact I dont have an admire, or have one with that particular issue that I can get my hands on, it makes it almost impossible to diagnose and correct.

Im going to be making an rfs OC kernel in the near future to see if this helps (although I suspect that it wont).

Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Upvote 0
I am not sure what you mean by baseband. Please excuse my noobness. Do u have a link to Su's CWM?

If you go to "system Setting -> About Phone" you'll see the revision number there under "baseband". :)

Also, if you read my original post, there are instructions to get back to stock as well as a link to Su's 5.0.2.7 CWM (which you will need to return to stock [assuming you made a backup before you upgraded to my rom -- you did make a backup right?]) ;)

Good Luck

Upvote 0
I'm having an issue. My data works fine but none of my mobile browsers will connect to the net. So I can use G.Play and other data powered apps but I can't surf the web. Any ideas on what the problem is?

I was going thru the same issue. When restoring apps from TB or any other way DONT restore Data from that app. I reflashed Twice and saw that as soon as I restored data from a system app, my browser would go down. Just clean REFLASH and when restoring Backed up apps, don't restore data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones