• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Proper port of CM7 for the Optimus C

i went back to stock. the sound isnt as loud when playing music or pandora and also on the phone with someone as it is on the stock rom. it needs to be boosted. even the line in and playing it through external speaks or in the car is shitty as oposed to the stock rom is loud and clear as hell. maybe theres a simple fix?
did you try boosting it with DSP?

Upvote 0
I'm so conflicted. My camera works with your ROM, but I like the CIFS module on Bob's. Any plans on adding one? If not, do you take requests? :D

Also, I don't know if anyone is having issues with A2SD, but it seems to not be functioning even after moving the Dalvik cache. My internal space keeps getting eaten alive.
yes I have been planing on adding CIFS to my kernel and will try to have it in it my next update. ;)

Upvote 0
Bricked my phone trying to do rebels crap a few months ago, just now fixxed it and figured i would try again. Ive done everything as far as i can tell, except that holding vol down + home + power gives me a picture of box with an arrow coming out of it, and a little android dude..but instead of recovery, it erases all my apps, and brings me to first time boot screen, asking for language selection. What am I doing wrong?

Upvote 0
I'm so conflicted. My camera works with your ROM, but I like the CIFS module on Bob's. Any plans on adding one? If not, do you take requests? :D

Also, I don't know if anyone is having issues with A2SD, but it seems to not be functioning even after moving the Dalvik cache. My internal space keeps getting eaten alive.

FWIW Im sure you know but A2SD just gives you the option to move an application to the SD card. It doesnt automatically install there. Open up settings/applications and find the apps that are using a ton of space. Click on the " Move to SD " button. I was down to about 15-20 Mb internal space until I began moving things ( Media players / rdp / Dolphin / Ect ).Im now sitting back around 100 Mb free again.

Hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
FWIW Im sure you know but A2SD just gives you the option to move an application to the SD card. It doesnt automatically install there. Open up settings/applications and find the apps that are using a ton of space. Click on the " Move to SD " button. I was down to about 15-20 Mb internal space until I began moving things ( Media players / rdp / Dolphin / Ect ).Im now sitting back around 100 Mb free again.

Hope that helps :)

Yea I've tried that. Not sure what is going on.

Upvote 0
Bluetooth question about firmware. I got this firmware syncing with my Bluetooth radio in my car. HOWEVER, I can not hear the person. Took the time and put the original firmware backup I made back on the phone and that worked fine. Put the custom firmware back and still the same problem as before. Any help?

I am using. CM7.1.0-LG-LW690-10182011-signed with the latest gapps and MMS patch installed. MMS patch was required. I tried sending a 3MegaPixel picture and it did not auto resize. Required to MMS patch and it did. All were installed using the Clock Recovery post a few down from this post.

Everything seems to work except the bluetooth. Have not tried GPS yet.

Upvote 0
Ambox_speedy_deletion.png
DISCLAIMER: This is a CUSTOM' ROM! Use at YOUR OWN RISK!!! By using this ROM, you understand that that I am not liable for any or all consequences of using this ROM. If you don't know what you're doing, DON'T TRY IT. Use at your own risk!
Here ya go folks, a proper port of CM7 for the LG Optimus C. And to beat it all no buying me energy drinks required, no phones have to be sold, or any ad's have to be click for you to get it.
androidwink.png
Donations are greatly appreciated though, but are not required!!

• Author: PlayfulGod
  • Builders: PlayfulGod and BobZhome
  • Current Version: 10182011
  • Description: CM7 port for the LG Optimus C. Well, let's be honest. Unless you're living under a rock, you probably know what Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) is. Furthermore, you should know what the CyanogenMod project is. However, if a rock is really your home and you'd like to learn more, please visit their site: http://www.cyanogenmod.com

People I wish to thank
  • BobZhome - for his assistance and forked Repo
  • inferiorhumanorgans - for his awesome coded repo for the LG Optimus line. Sure made it easier to port CM7 to the OC.
  • zefie and mik9 - for the original port & repo.
  • aospbot - I think he had a hand in the original porting somewhere, so want to throw him some credit too.
  • sillyputtyddd - for his testing, feedback, providing needed file, info, and insight.
  • chris9983 - for his testing, feedback, and providing needed info from the OC.
  • Woof, gregcapps - for testing and feedback.
  • isaacj87 - for his continued support and advice.
  • koush - for his kickass recovery.
  • CyanogenMod - should I say more? Thanks for the best ROM out for our Android devices.
  • The Android Community as a whole for supporting me while I do stuff I enjoy.
    android-smile.png
Whats Not Working: Changelog
    • sync with CM Repos (2.3.5)
    • initial build
    • Fixed Network GPS
    • Fixed launcher/added launcher pro
  • 08192011-build 1
    • Changes to try to fix bluetooth
    • Changes to try to fix GPS Satellite
    • Fix for Roaming on lock screen
    • attempt to fix mms
    • added BobZhome oc'd kernel
      • 08192011-build 2
        • Replace kernel with one I compiled
  • 08202011-build 1
    • Applied some more MMS fixes for CricKet
    • Replaced kernel with stock kernel for now
      • build 2
        • MMS fix
        • GPS fix
  • 08212011 build1
    • Synced with BobZhome's repo
    • trying a different bluetooth driver
      • Build 2
        • Switch back to my repo
        • Stock kernel still used
        • Applied GPS fixes
        • Applied MMS fixes
    • Bluetooth fixed
    • Custom bootanimation added back
    • ADW used from CM src
    • Plague Overclocked kernel - by PlayfulGod, thanks to isaacj87, reppard, and BobZhome for their assistance.
      • cpu scaling added for 672, 691, 710, 729, 748, 768, 787, and 806, and beyond for those brave and lucky souls
        androidwink.png
      • cpufreq for CM7 cpu setting
    • TronDroid added to CMWallpapers and as default wallpaper.
    • Custom initlogo (bootsplash)
    • camera fixed
    • Release with all previous mentioned.
    • kernel tweaks, default cpu speed set @600Mhz, smartass and interactive governors added.
    • screen lag fixed - Thanks to BobZhome for finding that.
      androidwink.png
    • Custom themes added, Honeycomb 3D 3dicon and Rovers Cyan
    • DT's a2sd
    • Plague Kernel updated, max overclock of 864Mhz (reverted back to previous settings)
      • ext4 support
      • swap support
      • max oc of 864Mhz
      • smartass governor
      • interactive governor
    • Inverted camera fixed - download and flash kernel update.
    • Synced with CM repo
    • Plague kernel updated with smartass2 governor
    • Synced with CM repo
Links

Download links and more details

Want to Show your Appreciation?
Just wanted to THANK YOU and everyone involved in all the hard work it took to get CM7 for LG Optimus C. I am by no means a whiz but with enough elbow grease and research I was able to successfully port CM7 to my new phone. I had a Huawei Ascend before with Icarus and having a custom ROM just spoils me. I cannot live without customizing my phones cause the stock ROMs just don't quite get it right. Thanks again, I love my new phone even better than before.

Upvote 0
do you know why my computer wouldnt alot to go into debugging with the usb? but my grandmas does? is there something i need installed on my computer for it to pop up? or settings .... i have the drivers from the website installed but nothing happens when i put the phone into the computer. ive tried all drivers but nothing works? what gives? its worked on this computer before? but i did do a new install of windows 7 sp1. dont know why it wouldnt work. everything is installed right.

Upvote 0
do you know why my computer wouldnt alot to go into debugging with the usb? but my grandmas does? is there something i need installed on my computer for it to pop up? or settings .... i have the drivers from the website installed but nothing happens when i put the phone into the computer. ive tried all drivers but nothing works? what gives? its worked on this computer before? but i did do a new install of windows 7 sp1. dont know why it wouldnt work. everything is installed right.
debugging is for adb to work n be seen, so my guess is for some reason grandma had the android sdk installed n you dont on yours. ;)

May also try having debugging enable and then plug it in n reinstall the drivers.

Upvote 0
I really really need help. I've searched everywhere. I have installed CM7 twice now, word for word, step by step and it seems that everything works EXCEPT my Navigation. My GPS works in maps as I can get directions to places or get them in text form but anytime I go to use the voice guided Navigation, I constantly get "Searching For GPS" and it NEVER locks on or works. It's driving me nuts as I don't have a home PC and am doing what I can searching on my phone but anywhere I end up goes nowhere. Like I said I have installed this twice with the latest build possible and still to no avail. Could someone please guide me in the right direction. I'm considering just going back to stock because I often need Navigation (more then I realized) but absolutely love this ROM. Thanks to everyone who has played a part in this whole ROM and to anyone who can help fix my GPS Navigation,

Upvote 0
I really really need help. I've searched everywhere. I have installed CM7 twice now, word for word, step by step and it seems that everything works EXCEPT my Navigation. My GPS works in maps as I can get directions to places or get them in text form but anytime I go to use the voice guided Navigation, I constantly get "Searching For GPS" and it NEVER locks on or works. It's driving me nuts as I don't have a home PC and am doing what I can searching on my phone but anywhere I end up goes nowhere. Like I said I have installed this twice with the latest build possible and still to no avail. Could someone please guide me in the right direction. I'm considering just going back to stock because I often need Navigation (more then I realized) but absolutely love this ROM. Thanks to everyone who has played a part in this whole ROM and to anyone who can help fix my GPS Navigation,
you have networking enabled too for navigation? BobZhome had a fix for this, I will get with him and see what it was he did/found.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
As far as I know everything is enabled in all my settings. I appreciate any and all help you can find. It's probably something simple but it's driving me nuts. I won't stop til I fix. Especially after seeing the instructions on flashing the Optimus C back to stock. What a nightmare and I don't have a home pc with internet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones