• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BAKED BlackBean 8 (4.2.2) [BETA]

junkie2100

Android Expert
Mar 11, 2012
baked_reborn_zps1b312900.png

Thats right, Junkie is building now XD

ill update this as soon as i get the upload done but the rom has been tested and seems to work just as well as cm10.1

about_zps1efd61c7.png

• Fully rebased to latest android-4.2.2_r1 sources
  • Baked Settings (clone of aokp’s rom control made our way)
  • Includes Powerwidgets (cm10.1) may be removed in the future.
  • Includes CM’s custom led control (cm10.1)
  • Lockscreen shortcuts 5 phone 8 tablet (cm10.1)
  • LockClock widget app cloned from cm10.1 and modified by baked
  • Full customized Mms app (baked)
  • Includes DSPManager (cm10.1)
  • Includes CMFileManager (cm10.1) inverted of course
  • All system apps and Gapps fully inverted for your pleasure (baked)
  • Now with koush’s new Superuser designed for android 4.2.2 (big thanks to koush for open sourcing this)
  • Many many more features in and even more stuff planned to come.
  • Big thanks to Partimus Prime on the new baked boot animation

credits_zps7980b1c7.png

• All credit first and foremost goes to Google for making android and making it open source.
  • CyanogenMod - obviously for giving onto the hacking community everything they have given.
  • AOKP - for their amazing work on source and contribution.
  • koush - for his wonderful recovery.
  • hroark13 - for his original work on the device repo in which this is based.
  • SuperR - for his devoted testing, debugging, and assistance.
  • PlayfulGod - for his original work that got all this started, as well as his continued work that all of this is based apon.
  • If you are left out and feel you should receive credit please say so and I will include credit.
Last but certainly not least #TeamBAKED

@travp624
@termleech
@B_boyTM
@mastur_mynd
@nycbjr
@Drgravy1
@Dreamsforgott3n
@jdlogan151
@dhrb23
@ebs512
@CliffWade (TeamBAKED PR Rep.)

Downloads:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k5gdc52j3jjbf92/BAKED-UNOFFICIAL-warp2.zip
Inverted GApps

yea its basically the same as cm10.1 but i like its look better myself. and i kinda just wanted something of my own even if it wasnt all that big of a difference XD im gonna try to get a release out sunday if possible but you guys will have to keep in mind just like cm10.1 and jellybeer internal sd card is the only storage youll have access to, the external sd still wont mount properly and i have no idea why

Upvote 0
problem isnt with blackbean, problem is with 4.2 google changed everything around, the way sd card mounting worked in cm10 wont work in any 4.2 based roms... i can force it to recognize there is a card there but it reads as a 288mb card no matter what i put in and wont mount to the folder its supposed to. untill we figure out why there will be no 4.2 roms with sd support but i did get the internal card working flawlessly so you guys dont gotta worry about that

Upvote 0
there are no tools like odin, but there is a tool that can erase the entire internal sd and factory reset... its called cwm lol. the internal sd is just a folder on the data partition so it gets wiped and i dont know why you wouldnt be able to mount usb storage through cwm unless you have a bad cable, bad drivers, or a bad card

Upvote 0
Ok well my CWM boots and I just wiped SD card and did a factory reset then wiped delvik cashe now it wont boot because Im guessing there is no rom now anyways to sideload it? because the mount usb is not working I thought i had the drivers because before I root'd I hooked the phone up to my pc and it let me install drivers got a link to the proper ones?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones