• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted Devices and the Buy Back program?

Might be. Depends if it is a Corporate store or a store offering Sprint devices. both have repairs dept but the non-Sprint store sends the bill to Sprint.

I actually found out tonight that the Sprint locator shows all stores. The ones that are Sprint corporate only have "Sprint Store" in the name, if it has something else attached to the name then it is not a corporate store.

Explains why I had the issue yesterday when the (non) Sprint store couldn't get into my account, but the corporate one could.

TS

This reminds me some years ago I was in Kansas and wanted some high end phone that just launched (don't remember the phone) the day I got there. I go to what's supposed to be a Sprint store, drop $600 and leave. 2 wks later take the phone to my store (having a reboot issue) and they cant find my transaction anywhere even though they're looking at my receipt.

Calling Sprint they told me that although it "looked" like a corp store I bought my phone from it wasn't. I eventually was able to get my phone replaced but that hassle wasn't worth me buying from a 3rd party retailer ever again.

Upvote 0
Trying to pick up the GNote 2? :p
Yes

Yep. I only deal with corporate stores when it comes to upgrades...with the exception of best buy. I never had a problem with them.
I thought of Best Buy, but since I have three devices using the buy back program I had to go through Sprint.

It was quite nerve racking. Two Sprint stores next to each other in a one block area. The non-Sprint store had numerous Notes in both colors. The Corporate store did not. The non-Sprint store could not get into my account and the Corp one could. So even though my three Notes were no less than 2 feet away from me, I could not get them. I had to order the Notes at the Corp store. Should take 3-5 business days from ordering it on Friday.

My fear is that with this hurricane Sandy upon us that I won't get them by weeks end. and on Saturday I'm heading out on vacation. So most likely I'll see the notes after i come back after Thanksgiving. :mad:

TS

Upvote 0
I'm still amazed that store inventory was so low for launch day. Just about all the posts I've read, each store may have had 5 total with the exception of one store having 6 in both colors.

Yet here you are with them in arms reach and can't get them. If this is how things are done I can't imagine how Samsung sold 10M of the Note 1.

Here's hoping yours arrive before vacation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones