• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted phone slowness

Iczer

Jan 22, 2010
Is it possible to get a bad "root" per say? My wife recently took her Hero into sprint and they just imaged her phone to a new copy of the base install. Well it is actually running faster than my rooted phone. My phone is just a bit sluggish in my opinion but I've never really ever ran the base OS, so I'm not sure. So my question is, would reinstalling fresh 1.1 help at all? I still need to do the kernel upgrade and setcpu stuff as well. I just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Her phone is running faster because everything was reset recently. Her caches are all clean, messages are gone, everything's "new". In a couple of days, it'll slow down again. Put the kernel on your phone, and you'll notice a difference. Some people it's been a drastic difference, some it hasn't. Just let it settle down for a day after installing before making any assumptions about it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones