ROOTING, ROM's, OVERCLOCKING, and ANYTHING RELATED!!

Last Updated:

1. alnova1

alnova1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Absolutely. No contest. Haven't lost any battery life and the phone is blazing fast. Apps are loading seemingly instantly; transitions are flawless. It's awesome.

3. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

PLEASE try to stick with this thread and the others already created. We are working on a solution for the problem of all the threads on these topics. Hang tight for a few days, and in that time we ask that no new threads on these topics be created, use the ones already available. It is appreciated, thank you.

4. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Well-Known Member

I have rooted my droid but it seems that every time I use the su command in adb shell I get accessed denied. The only way I can get it to work is if I have Android console emulator open. Then if I run SU in ADB the emulator will ask me if I want to give su permission. If I click yes everything is golden. Is there something I did wrong?

5. jacs813

jacs813 Active Member

100% yes

6. CRPercodani

You used a old root zip, the correct one gives you local root access. The one you used only gives root access through ADB.

7. vikingisson

vikingisson Well-Known Member

Wha? A little louder please, I didn't hear you.
    :)

8. SirVilhelm

I used the one from this guide:

Obtaining Root | Root Your Droid

Are you saying that is incorrect? How do I resolve this?

I can access su from my phone using the emulator...

9. CRPercodani

Do you have the superuser permissions app? Open it and then try using terminal on the Droid again and see what happens when you type su.

10. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Member

Hey, I just rooted with sholesmod and have gone to my downloads menu in the market to select things for re-download but everything I select is stuck in "authorizing download" (if a purchased item) or "starting download" (if free). Anyone else experience this yet?

11. SirVilhelm

I don't have a problem running su from the emulator app on the phone, just from the adb shell. Sorry I am clearly a n00b but I will learn!

Basically I want to be able to run su from adb shell without having to have the emulator app open on my phone, make sense?

12. CRPercodani

Ok I see what your saying now. Not sure why you can't get SU access from ADB......you may need to check the phone when typing su in ADB and see if it has a pop up to allow or disallow root access.

13. SirVilhelm

Yea, the pop up only occurs while the emulator is open on the phone. Strange, home++ is hiding the pop-up? Well whatever the case as long as I know how to get around it all is good. Now time to dive in to some of these roms!

14. CRPercodani

You could try using adb while the phone is in recovery mode (if you have sprecovery). SU should be automatic in there.

15. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

You can't just make a Root, ROM, and O/C sub forum to go with the tips and support?

16. SirVilhelm

I 2nd this

17. meekrab

meekrab Well-Known Member

18. Sturge[Droid]

Sturge[Droid] Well-Known Member

4th

19. peenapple390

peenapple390 Well-Known Member

hey guys,

I followed Big Lou's instructions to a T. When I go to install the Bugless Beauty ROM through SPRecovery i get:
    assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img",
    "boot")
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

Can somebody please help me or tell me whats wrong??

Also, if i want to install another ROM on my phone do i just drag the update.zip on my phone and go through SPRecovery and install it from there??

Thanks for all your help guys!!

Alan

20. tangomango

tangomango Well-Known Member

Do I need any type of recovery apps if I just want to root? I want the use the tip where you get 8mb recording rather than 3mb, so I'm not really going all out as others have with rooting.

So, if I'm just doing one single simply thing, do I need all the recovery apps people are mentioning?

21. VeryApe

VeryApe Well-Known Member

Rooted, running beast at 800mhz and the improvement is well worth any battery life loss(do we not have chargers?!?!)
    In a year, if the proc dies, ill get a newer android phone, no worries here!

22. spartan141

spartan141 Well-Known Member

ok stoopid noob question. im using bugless beast, and want to install the milestone weather widget and clock, how do i do that, also when pete comes out with an update. how do i update it?

23. CRPercodani

Not my decision, nor do I have the ability to create new forums or subs. Like I said in the message, something will be done in the next few days but for now lets all try and keep things clean. Also if a sub forum is made no one will be allowed to post any links to ROM's since they all contain closed source APK's by Google/Motorola. Anyone remember the Cyanogen fiasco when Google sent him a C&D? That is what would happen to this site. Honestly a lot of the threads I see about these topics SHOULD be in Support & Troubleshooting, not general. If you REALLY want forums dedicated to this stuff then most of you should know where to find that forum.

24. doomedromance

doomedromance Well-Known Member

People have been able to get to the ROM's and stuff just fine without having any links in these forums. If people are rooted and using these ROM's they obviously know where to "find that forum." People come here and post here because they like the community and discussing ROM subjects with this community. Honestly 90% of the thread about any topic SHOULD be in Support & Troubleshooting or Tips and Tricks, not general. Most threads are either asking a question or trying to get help which would be support or they are telling about some nifty app or cool accessory which would be a tip to increase the Droid owners experience. People either are lazy and don't want to post in the proper section, people don't even search why would they do that? or they know that once something gets moved out of the general the traffic to that post is greatly decreased. A thread getting moved from general means 60% decrease in people looking at it. (According to a study I made up in my head right now.) I for one don't ever look at anything but Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Droid

25. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member

Hey CRP,

Why don't we make a sub forum?

On another note,

I think we should keep a thread going on overclocking so that we can keep an eye out for people who's droids are crappin' out. My phone does get hotter running at 800 vs 550 mHz but I do not think it is significant enough to warrant any sort of issues. Anyways, enjoying a rooted droid for now! :).