• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Europa Text Problems

Hi, i've had this same problem since christmas and have had two replacement handsets and two sim cards- all to no avail. im on vodafone who basically deny any problem exist with their network or this handset. anyway I think i,ve sorted it out- basically the default sms software on the handset appears to be faulty. I downloaded chomp sms from android and replaced the standard samsung one. this appears to have sorted the multiple text problem at long last. hope this helps....

Upvote 0
Hello All!

I have had this problem too but as of yesterday I fixed it! :) I had to reflash my phone with a different firmware. I opted for Froyo 2.2 or version thereof. Use the following link on how to do that:

GUIDE- UPDATE YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY 5 (I5503 OR I5500) TO FROYO (ANDROID 2.2)

and follow the instructions, I have never flashed a phone before and found it really easy to do.

Or the following link will give you earlier firmwares for the Samsung Europa i5500.

Samsung Android. - www.SamFirmware.com the following site you will need to register but if you click on the samsung europa i550 you'll find the roms and the instructions on how to reflash your phone. All the password for firmware roms to extract are samfirmware.com

Be warned though if it does go wrong you may end up with a useless phone. Also take note of how to change the language back to English before flashing and ensure you backup everything on your phone or you'll lose it.

I can 100% confirm that my phone hasn't received a single duplicate text all day from o2 users now.... why wait another month or so for samsung to sort out there sad act. Oh if you use the froyo firmware you'll need to flash it back once the official Froyo 2.2 is released, as you won't be able to do a firmware update through Kies (not that you'd probably want to ever again anyway :) ) any questions please ask.

Upvote 0
Hey

Just posted this thread http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-europa-5/261419-kies-v2-europa-new-firmware.html Not sure at this point whether it will solve anything or not. Be good to see what other users get?

Cheers :)

This is looking good!

I loaded the KIES 2 software and subsequent firmware update an hour ago, and sent test messages from two other O2/GiffGaff phones that had both been 'repeat text offenders'. Messages received fine and it 'flushed' through all of the other test messages I had sent but not received since 13/01/2011.

Caution: although this has worked for me, the i5500 is not stated as compatible with KIES 2 (although this may be an oversight by Samsung;)) so back up data etc.

Cautious HURRAH!

Thanks europadroid

Upvote 0
Evening all,

What a day! I have been on to Samsung UK and O2 all day! Yes you guessed it, I was ringing in relation to the Multiple Txt Message Issue amongst many other's on this device - Outcome is.... Samsung UK have admitted that, the Kies update will reach 39% of all UK Devices sold but will not reach 61% of devices and are asking all Operators in the UK to advise any Samsung Europa Customers to let them send their device back to Samsung where they can install any required updates. They also went on to say that while some O2 Stores will attempt to update your device, success is so few and far between, it is best to have it sent to them. It will mean you will be without your phone for a week but it should come back repaired.

Mine is going off tomorrow for upgrading - will report back as and when it arrives back!

Upvote 0
Loaded Kies 2.0 had to remove the old kies as it showed no updates. but still saying This version of the device can not be updated.

Also V2.0 does seem to have anywhere the functionality of V1.5, it just looks a glorified version of the old Samsung Studio :thinking:
I just don't get how a piece of software made by Samsung, linked up to a phone made by Samsung can produce such different results. Sorry it didn't work for you Miesc :(

Upvote 0
I just don't get how a piece of software made by Samsung, linked up to a phone made by Samsung can produce such different results. Sorry it didn't work for you Miesc :(

Rang Samsung this morning and explained the situation. They said to uninstall the old version of Kies (which I had done), install V2 and reboot the pc. If this doesn't work to reinstall V2. Just rebooted and the update came up straight away. Hope it works.

Old version: PDA:J12 / Phone:J12 / CSC:J13

New version PDA:JK3 / Phone:KA1 / CSC:JK1

Upvote 0
I've just bought a Samsung Europa in the past couple of days and also suffer the repeat texting. Updated to the most recent version straight away which at the time was PDA:JK3 / PHONE:JK3 /CSC:JK1

I have just loaded up Kies a moment ago, and there is a new firmware version: PDA:JK3 / PHONE:KA1 /CSC:JK1

I'm downloading as I'm typing, heres hoping to an end to the repeat text problems.

Upvote 0
FFS, Im still getting no update and am using Kies 2. When its time for me to change fones I was thinking about a galaxy s, not now, im sick of this crap.Those HTC's look good, ill try the wildfire and see what they are like.The best of luck to ppl this update is working for, i hope it solves this text issue.

Upvote 0
Issue not only with O2, Voda I have an unlocked phone 'sim free' put Virgin sim in (which uses T mobile network) since December and never add any issues with the phone, until now getting the same problem as many in this thread. Seams to have started since downloading Advanced Task Killer so just unistalled it to see if it was that. Let you know later. Updated the firmware from 2.1 to 2.1.1 using Kies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones